How to Recover Data from Invalid Dynamic Disk – Know Here
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: June 7, 2021 | Data Recovery
Everybody knows that Dynamic disks provide the ability to move disk volume migration from one system to another without any data loss.
Moreover, it improves performance by allowing you to move portions of volumes (sub disks) between disks on a single computer system. But what happens when this data is lost from dynamic disk and now it shows it as “Invalid”. In that case, the user wants to know how to recover data from invalid dynamic disk.
So without any delay, we will learn about all the aspects of the dynamic disk, reasons it becomes invalid, manual workarounds, and professional approach to getting data from dynamic hard disks. First, get in-depth knowledge of dynamic disks and why it preferred by experts over basic disks.
Overview about Dynamic Disk
When a disk is configured for dynamic storage, it is referred to as a dynamic disk. Users choose dynamic disk over basic disk because it is flexible for storage and doesn’t rely on partition table to maintain the track of the system partitions. Users can increase the size of the partition by creating dynamic disks. It manages the data using the volumes.
Distinctive Factors of Dynamic Disk and Basic Disk
- It became quite essential to understand the difference between basic disk and dynamic disk so the user can understand the type of storage and understand which one to choose according to requirement.
- The basic disk is the standard storage type that manages all the partitions on the disk using the traditional partitions table. On the other hand, a dynamic disk manages all of the drive’s volume using a hidden LDM database.
- The basic disk has 3-4 partitions with one secondary extendable partition whereas the dynamic disk has no such limitation on partitions. It contains the following volumes:
- Simple volume
- Spanned volumes
- Stripped volumes,
- Mirrored volume &
- RAID – 5 volume.
- Multi-boot setup is supported by the basic disk that is switching between operating systems. Whereas Dynamic disk does not allow this configuration.
- In Basic Disk, once a partition is created then it cannot be changed or extended. On the contrary, a dynamic disk allows an extension to the size of partitions as per user requirements.
- One major drawback of using a dynamic disk is that – Basic disk can easily be converter to Dynamic Disk without data loss. But if the user wishes to convert Dynamic disk into a Basic disk then it is cannot be achieved without deleting all the volumes of a dynamic disk.
Main Reasons for Data Loss on Dynamic Disk
The following are the most common reasons for data deletion from dynamic disks. Recognize the reasons and put execute the appropriate solution
- Updating the system – The dynamic information is kept in the registry. When you connect it to another system, the disk will be shown as “Invalid”. Because that system does not have the registry’s information.
- Converting a Dynamic Disk to the Basic – As we told earlier that it is not possible to retain data after conversion from Dynamic disk to Basic disk. This results in data loss situations. Thankfully, with the help of recovery solutions to recover data from invalid dynamic disks.
So in the upcoming section, we are going to explain the data recovery wizard steps in detail.
How to Get Data from Dynamic Hard Disk
Pay Attention – We strongly advise to any data modification activity on hard drive. Because it will on lead to the data overwriting and make file recovery process difficult to accomplish.
If user is in a position where he lost data from dynamic disk, only a reliable application is able to recover data from deleted partition.
Follow the four steps outlined below to get data from dynamic disk instantly with the maximum scope of file recovery.
Step 1. Download and install the Computer Data Recovery software on Windows device. Attach the dynamic disk to the system.
Step 2. Next, click on the Refresh View tab and it will display the connected drive on the panel. Click on drive and click on Scan button to start the recovery process at the moment.
Step 3. The recovery process will be completed within the shortest span of time. Select the files you want to restore. Click on the Save button after making selection of files and folders.
Step 4. Provide destination storage location to save the recovered deleted files from dynamic disk on Windows 10.
Note – Make sure to do not to select the same dynamic disk to save the recovered data from an invalid dynamic disk. After completion of the recovery process, you will receive a confirmation message. So now you know how to recover data from dynamic hard disks without data loss.
Demo version – Users who are seeking direct solution to get data from dynamic hard disk can download the free demo version. Run the utility and preview the recovered/lost/inaccessible files on the panel. If you can see the files on the preview panel then download the licensed version and recover data from dynamic disk in their original healthy format.
We expect that at the end of this article now you know that how to recover data from invalid dynamic disk. Data loss is unavoidable whether you choose disk management or command prompt to convert dynamic disk to basic disk. Execute the Deleted Partition Recovery Software which is capable of reversing the data loss situation by restoring files in their original format.