Solution for There are No Partitions on This Disk to Show – Windows Error
Ashwani Tiwari |
Modified: April 28th, 2020 | Windows Error
Most of the users are looking for a solution to know how can I unhide hidden drive on my computer. So, with the help of this article, we are going to let you know the best free solutions to resolve the issue i.e., there are no partitions on this disk to show Windows 10. Simply go through the complete write-up to learn more.
Diverse Techniques under Several Circumstances
When this issue occurs like disk partitions not recognized by Windows 10. There are so many reasons for the occurrence of this problem. So, here in this section, we are going to explain different resolution techniques according to their issues. Have a look.
Use the software, it will defiantly secure disk partition. The software find lost (deleted partition) also.
Download Software Now
Windows OS Buy Software Now
Case #1: Unhide The Hidden Partition in Windows 10
In this case, if you mistakenly or intentionally hide the disk partition. So, it will not appear in file explorer. Here, the following are the steps to resolve the issue unhide the hidden partition in Windows 10, 8, 7. The method is discussed in an appropriate manner. Simply follow all the steps to execute the procedure to show a hidden partition in windows 10. It is the solution of your query what to do in case there are no partitions on this disk to show error:
- First of all, type cmd into the Windows search box to open the Command Prompt wizard
- Now, type diskpart in the given field.
- After that, type list diskst disk command to list out all the hard drives in your local machine
- Here, type select disk n, the alphabet n is the hard disk number.
- Subsequently, type list partition to view all the partitions on the opted MBR and GPT hard drive.
- Then, type assign, after this the computer assigns a drive letter automatically.
- Lastly, after completion of the above-stated process, you can view the disk partitions in Windows 10 easily.
Case #2: Assign Drive Letter to a Hidden Partition
If the hard disk partition is without a drive letter, you’ll be unable to view the partition in Windows File Explorer. So, here, in this section, we mentioned the best solution to resolve the issue such as hard drive partition not showing windows file explorer. Simply follow the below-stated steps. All the measures are discussed in a descriptive manner.
- Firstly, you have to press Windows + R keys altogether to open a Run box
- Here, type diskmgmt.msc and then, press Enter key to access Disk Management appropriately
- Now, Management, go to the partition lack of drive letter and select Change drive letter and path option
- At last, hit on Add to assign an efficient drive letter to the partition.
After implementing the steps appropriately, I hope all the missing disk partitions will display in file explorer perfectly.
Case #3: Reformat Partition to Fix No Partitions on Disk to Show
Now, to reformat hard disk partition, you can follow the below-explained steps. Those will help in removing partitions from the existing hard disk instantly. Let’s have a look and resolve diskpart no partitions on this disk to show the issue:
- Primarily, start Computer Management by pressing the Start button.
- Then, choose Control Panel>>System and Security>>Administrative Tools, after that double-click on Computer Management.
- Now, in the left panel, choose Disk Management under Storage
- Here, right-click on the volume that you need to format. Then, choose Format to begin the procedure.
- Ultimately, to format the volume with the default settings. You have to choose OK in the Format dialog box after that click OK again.
Warning Note: This free solution to formatting an existing disk will destroy complete data on the partition. So, ensure that you have updated the back up of important data before you begin the procedure. If don’t have a backup and formatted the disk. Then get the guide here and recover files from formatted hard disk.
Case #4: Check Partition in Disk Management
Initially, check your hard disk partitions in disk management. If any partition is unallocated so, it won’t show up in file explorer. At this time, you need to make the disappearing hard drive online and create the partition by following the steps listed below. All the steps are stated in an effective manner. Simply follow all of them to get the desired outcome. It is the simplest way to resolve diskpart list partition there are no partitions on this disk to show the issue.
- The foremost step is to access Disk Management, the existing hard disk partition is marked as unallocated. Simply right-click on it and select Initialize Disk
- Then, it will be prompted to select MBR or GPT partition style for your disk. So, you have to hit on OK
- Now, you will go back to the main interface of Disk Management.
- Here, you can view the hard disk is marked as Unallocated. You have to right-click the unallocated space and select New Simple Volume.
- In the end, follow the new Simple Volume window to generate a partition on the hard disk. After completion of this, you can view the hard disk partition in Windows 10 properly.
Important Note: This method to initialize the hard disk may lead to data loss issues so, it is advised if you have crucial data then, do not go opt this solution. Moreover, there are high chances that you become unable to initialize the hard disk and may confront an error such as the device is not ready.
Case #5: Update Device Drivers Using Device Manager
When your hard disk is not showing up in Disk Management. So, it common that the hard disk partitions are certainly not showing up in Windows 10. In such situations, you can try to update drivers using device manager utility to fix this problem. So, in this section, we are going to discuss the detailed steps for the same and fix there are no partitions on this disk to show diskpart error.
- Initially, start Run box and type devmgmt.msc in it. Afterward, hit on Entering key to open Device Manager utility.
- Now, click on the disk drivers and navigate the external hard disk that is now showing up in Disk Management.
- Additionally, right-click on it and select the Update Driver
- Finally, select Search automatically for updated driver software to end up the process.
After executing the above-listed steps, you have to check whether the hard disk partitions show up in Disk Management or not.
Recover Lost Files Instantly
After implementing the above-detailed steps to repair there are no partitions on this disk to show Windows 10 issue. You may end up losing your valuable data. So, here is the Deleted Partition Recovery Wizard to recover lost data. Using this application you can easily regain your lost files. Moreover, this facilitates amazing features that help to provide an instant and effective solution.
Download Software Now
Windows OS Buy Software Now
Time to Sum Up
In this write-up, we emphasize the free techniques to fix there are no partitions on this disk to show Windows 10 problem. We explained all the resolutions in an efficient manner. You can follow any one of them according to your requirements. But, keep one thing in mind i.e., the free solutions are having some limitations. Mainly, it may lead to a data loss issue. So, you may lose your crucial data. I hope you have got the solution of there are no partitions on this disk to show issue.
– User FAQ –
I am not able to find hard disk partition – Why?
There are multiple reasons behind this issue. In this informative blog post. You will get to know all possible solution.
My computer not showing E drive – What to Do?
It is because of either your E drive hidden or E partition deleted. Read this blog and know working solution.