How to Recover Data File From Formatted Hard Drive in Windows 10, 8, 7
Modified: December 24th, 2018 | Windows Error
Table of Content
- How to Recover Files After Formatting Hard Disk – User’s Query
- Why Does Hard Disk need to Be Formatted? – Reasons behind it
- Recover Data from Formatted Hard Drive Using CMD
- Recover Data from Formatted hard Disk Using Software (100% Secure)
- Steps to Recover Files from Formatted HDD
Hard drive file is a non-volatile memory that stores and retrieves the data on the computer. All computers have a hard disk installed, which is used to store the files of the operating system. Various software programs, users personal data are also stored in the hard drive file. It’s actually a secondary storage file. It can be used to store the data such as system files, music, images, video, documents, application, emails, and other important data. But in some scenarios, the user has to format the hard drive file due to many reasons. And to restore data from the formatted hard drive is a difficult task for many users. Let us understand the query with the help of an example and then find the solution for how to recover files from formatted hard disk in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and below versions?
User Query Related to Recover Files From Formatted Hard Drive
“I was cleaning some useless files from my computer and accidentally I had formatted my E drive partition. This partition of the Hard disk contains my important official documents and other items. I did lots of efforts to get them back but could not be able to succeed in it. Can anyone tell how to recover data from formatted hard disk in Windows 10 PC? Please help because this disk has very crucial information Thanks In Advance”
Are you familiar to the above query or you are searching the solution restore data from formatted hard drive? If your answer is yes then you are on the right solution page. In this article, we will discuss all the best and possible methods to resolve this issue. When the user formats a hard drive file, the operating system deletes the data on the disk. So that the disk space is available to store the new data. But in case if the user doesn’t have the backup of the data then the user has to face the fatal data loss situations. This situation causes immense inconvenience to the users. Files lost due to the formatting of the hard drive are not completely wiped out and these files can be easily recoverable as they long as the files are not overwritten. Before going to the solution part to recover data from formatted hard disc let us discuss why a hard drive fails and needs to be formatted?
Reasons for Why Hard drive Fails and Needs to be Formatted
Let’s list the main causes in which the user need to format hard drive in the Windows machine. Later on this post you will find how to retrieve lost files from formatted hard disk.
- Hard Disk Failure – Improper ventilation in the CPU can also cause hard disk failure issue. In such a scenario, the user can hear clicking noise coming from the device.
- Unstable Power Supply Issue – High or too low voltages to your UPS or Unreliable power supply can also cause hard disk fail.
- Due to Virus Infection – Hard drive file can be corrupted due to Virus attack and the user has to format the disk to get rid of Virus infection and the situation to recover files from formatted hard drive arises.
- Internal Failure – Mechanical Failures are also responsible for the corruption of files and folder on your hard disk.
- Corrupted Files – The sudden shutdown of the computer systems or laptops or due to power surges issue can also cause corruption in the hard disk file.
- Human errors – Human errors are responsible for the corruption in the hard disk file. For example, the wrong installation of the operating system can also lead to corruption in the hard drive file. This also leads the situation to recover files after formatting hard drive in Windows system.
Note: When your hard drive accidentally formatted it’s better to stop all the programs. Data recovery from the corrupted hard drive file is still possible. Because all the erased data are stored on the hard disk file as long as it is not overwritten by the fresh data.
Method 1- How To Recover Formatted Data From Hard Disk Using CMD
Step 1: Press Windows + R and type: cmd, and then hit Enter key to open Command Prompt Window.
Step 2: Now type chkdsk E:/F and then hit enter. (E is the drive letter. The user can replace the drive letter their device)
Step 3: Now the user has to type Y and hit Enter to continue.
Step 4: Then Type: E: and hit Enter again. (The user can replace the drive letter)
Step 5: Type E:\attrib -h -r -s / s/d*.* and then hit Enter. (Replace E with the drive letter of your device.)
Note: In case CMD commands fails to recover data from the formatted hard disk partition then, in that case, the user can prefer the Expert solution to restore data from the formatted hard drive file partition.
Method 2 – Expert Solution to Recover Files From Formatted Hard Drive
If the user is unable to restore data with the help of the manual solution then the user can take the help of an automated solution Hard Drive Data Recovery Software. This software is a complete solution to restore files from the formatted hard drive file. The user can easily recover photos, videos, music, documents, and other multimedia files. Data recovery is possible from the IDE, EIDE and SATA devices. This tool supports to recover the data from the GPT ( GUID Partition Table) and MBR (Master Boot Record) partitions. This software supports all versions of Windows OS. Moreover, the user interface of this software is so easy to use for the Novice users also. The user can download the trial version of this tool.
Follow Steps To Know How To Recover Formatted Data From Hard Disk Partition
- Launch the software on Your machine.
- Choose the partition and hit the Scan button.
- View Folders in the left panel and formatted data in the right panel.
- Now select the files which you want to recover.
- Choose the location to save the data and click on Export button.
Time to Conclude
To recover files from the formatted hard drive is a tedious task. From the above write up one can get the ideas how to recover data from formatted Hard disk in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10. We have resolved the query with both the manual and automated solution. In case if the user fails to recover data by using the manual method then the user can take the help of expert solution to recover data after formatting hard disk.