How to Recover Deleted CCTV Footage from DVR Hard Disk – Solved
It is unspoken universality that CCTV cameras ascertain the fear of law in criminals. It is clear that users can’t afford the loss of CCTV footage especially when it is imperative for any critical condition.
So, the user seeks answers on how to recover deleted CCTV footage when the deleted data has been found to be decisive for certain conditions. We have suggested three eminent methods to retrieve deleted CCTV footage. But experts suggest using Hard Drive Data Recovery Software.
Methods to Recover Deleted CCTV Footage
In this blog, you will find three trusted and verified methods to recover permanently deleted footage from CCTV. You can choose any method at your convenience:
- Retrieve Deleted Footage from CCTV from Backup
- Recover Permanently Deleted CCTV Footage Using Software
- Recover Deleted Footage from DVR using CMD
Why CCTV Cameras Are So Important In Our Daily Lives
Before answering can you recover the deleted CCTV footage? the question, of the importance of CCTV cameras, is detailed here.
- It monitors the real-time activities and records too for future reference.
- In the case of crime, the occurrence user has apparent evidence to snap the suspect.
- It is widely used by individuals and businesses for assurance of activities
- The user has peace of mind when he is aware of the visitors and employees in his residence.
Reasons That Cause the Uncertain Deletion Of CCTV Footage
So now the question arises of why CCTV footage is deleted which leads us to how to get data from DVR hard disk? Well, the answer is right here.
- Bad sectors that can bring failure within hard drive storage
- Bugs Attacks on Storage Disk
- The user deletes CCTV footage accidentally
- Faulty DVR hard Drive
- Damaged, corrupted, CCTV storage cards
- Physical damage to DVR cameras
The user wants to know Can I recover deleted CCTV footage. Definitely, the user can recover the CCTV footage. But you must be aware of a few things before understanding how to recover deleted CCTV footage.
- Do not use a faulty DVR hard drive
- Avoid making any changes and adding or deleting any new data to the drive as it will overwrite the data that increase the obstacles to recover overwritten CCTV footage.
- Don’t format the CCTV hard drive which eventually induces the overwriting and recovering to become more complex.
Can I Recover Deleted CCTV Footage
The straightforward answer is YES if you have cautioned the above-mentioned steps. Use these three methods to learn to get data from the DVR hard disk.
Method 1: – Restore Deleted CCTV Footage from Backup
If you have created separate backup storage for CCTV footage then you can straight select the required video footage from there and move to the DVR Hard Drive. If the backup is not available then we have mentioned a complete tutorial to recover the deleted CCTV footage in the upcoming section.
Note: – User is advised to always store CCTV footage in different storage device.
Method 2: – Recover Permanently Deleted CCTV Footage Using Software
This solution is a sure-shot solution to retrieve deleted CCTV footage. Following these steps for the practical execution of utility know about how to get data from DVR hard disk. This application also can retrieve deleted PST files from Hard Disk
Step 1: – Download and Run Software on your system. Select the CCTV drive to scan and recover deleted footage.
Select SCAN mode for scanning. Formatted Scan mode is only supposed to use when data is formatted
Tip – Click on Refresh View in case the attached drive is not visible on home page.
Step 2: – After the scan is complete, all the folders will display in the left panel. Explore the folders by clicking on [+], it will showcase all subfolders within that specific folder.
Step 3: – Go to filter options and select the Videos folders to know how to get data from the DVR hard disk.
Step 4: – You can recover the data of specific duration using the Date Range filter using “From” and “To” in the utility.
Step 5: – After that, you need to select the file location to export the recovered permanently deleted data from hard drive. Either choose the location using the navigation or create a new folder. Here the resultant recovered deleted emails file from HDD will be saved.
Step 6: – Finally, the transfer of CCTV footage is complete you will get a confirmation message on your screen.
Using this method you can surely how to get data from the DVR hard disk and store it at your desired location.
Method 3: – Recover Deleted Footage from CCTV Using CMD
Another solution that can answer recover deleted CCTV footage is practicing the cmd (Control prompt) commands
- Initially, Open Command Prompt (CMD)
- After that, Right-Click on the Start key and click on the Run option. OR Pressing Window key and X alphabet key Win+X and select the Run option to open the Run prompt. Enter cmd and click Enter.
- Now, in Command Prompt Type chkdsk space Drive Letter /f (/f parameter fixes the detected errors on the disk). Wait till the command completes its actions.
- Finally, Use these parameters to perform their mentioned functions to fix the errors and recover the data.
-h: used to show the Hidden attributes.
-r: it provides the location of the bad sectors and recovers Read-only information.
/s: It commands the system to search for the specific path location
Lacking points of Command Prompt (CMD)
Though Command Prompt does not require any other additional device to recover deleted CCTV footage, still it carries various loopholes along with it.
- Command Prompt is not ideal for novice and non-tech users. It is suitable only for expert professionals.
- CMD has its limitation, if the files are bug-infected then the chances decrease to restore the deleted data of CCTV cameras.
- Recovery of Permanently or hard deleted files is a complex process. Inadequate knowledge will lead to corruption or permanent loss of data.
- Due to all these factors, the command prompt is not a standard universal solution for how to retrieve deleted CCTV footage.
If the urgently required CCTV footage is found missing or deleted from the DVR drive then the user seeks an answer for how to recover deleted CCTV footage.
We have shown three methods to recover permanently deleted CCTV footage. There would be situations where the native solution could not meet the expectations of the user and lacked to provide results. In that case, Software is the ultimate solution to recover the lost CCTV footage.