How to Access NSF Files Without Lotus Notes – Here’s the Solution
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: February 8, 2021 | Lotus Notes
Query- Is there any way to access the NSF file without Lotus Notes because I am moving from a Windows environment to a Mac environment. And I want all my data on my new computer. So, if anyone knows a relevant solution to open NSF fie on Mac Mail, then suggest it to me.
Well, we know that the NSF file is related to Lotus Notes and the biggest disadvantage of this file is that it is only supported with HCL Notes which is a new name of Lotus Notes. And the users want to move it’s from one email client to another or want to move from one OS environment to another then users have to face so many hurdles. So to make the task easy here in this blog we are going to discuss the techniques on how to access NSF files without Lotus Notes.
But before starting the technique, let’s understand the reasons why users want to open NSF files without Lotus Notes.
Reasons Why Users Want to Access NSF Files Without Lotus Notes?
There are several reasons for this conversion but here in this section we are going to discuss some major ones:
- The first significant reasons behind this are moving from one OS to a different OS environment and due to that user.
- There are many users moving from Lotus Notes to other emails client because Lotus Notes is very complicated and need technical knowledge to how to handle it.
- The maintenance cost of the Lotus Notes is very high with respect to other email clients such as Outlook, Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, and more.
Why Users Not Able to Access NSF Files Without Lotus Notes?
As we see in the earlier query, the user has moved to a different OS, and he /she want to open all its NSF files data to Mac. And on Mac, he/she want to one its data in Mac Mail. But the problem main problem for this query is file compatibility. Yes. file compatibility is the major huddle you will face during the conversion.
Basically, Lotus Notes supports NSF, and Mac Mail supports MBOX to save its data, and Lotus Notes does not provide a method to convert Lotus Notes to MBOX. Hence, many users not able to complete this task.
How to Access NSF Files Without Lotus Notes?
Well, now we know that there is file compatibility and also there is no way to do it manually. So in that situation, we have only one procedure left and that is an automated tool. And for this, you can try the NSF Converter tool.
This tool is one of the best and reliable utility to convert Lotus Notes emails to MBOX format. It provides advanced functionality as well as a secure way to migrate NSF to MBOX It is Not only MBOX this software designed to import NSF files to EML, MSG, and PDF. Along with emails it also converts Lotus Notes contacts and calendar. The tool is capable to converts Lotus Notes Mailbox with entire metadata, internet header, etc to MBOX file format in a well-organized manner.
An Amazing Features of this Tool
The Fastest & Effective Solution for Export- This tool gives you the best and easy way to convert Lotus Notes to NSF file to EML, MSG, and MBOX.
Preserves Data Integrity- The is developed in such a manner that you can there is no data loss of your NSF files.
Maintain Folder Structure- This tool gives you the inbuilt feature to maintain the folder structure. Just you have to choose the option to preserve the data.
Perform Bulk Migration- There is no limitation of the file if you are using this tool. The tool is well capable of bulk migration.
Straightforward and User- Friendly GUI- The tool comes with the very easy to use user interface. So, both of the users like technical and non-technical users can easily handle this tool
Supported by all Windows OS Editions- The converter tool supports all versions of Windows including the latest Windows 10.
How to Access NSF Files Without Lotus Notes?
Here in this section, we are going to discuss the steps to open the NSF file to Mac. And the process is complete in two steps, in the first step, we convert the NSF file to MBOX and in the second step, we transfer the file to Mac Mail.
#Step 1: Convert Lotus Notes Files to MBOX
1. Firstly you have to download and install the tool, on your machine
2. Choose the Select NSF File(s) radio button and click on the Add File(s) or Add Folder to add the NSF file directly
3. If you are want to add NSF files from Domino Server, then you can choose the Domino Mailboxes radio button and provide the Domino Server IP Address and Password
4. After adding the NSF file select the MBOX option from Export Option
5. Now, select file items such as Mail, Contacts, and Calendars from the Select Categories option
6. Select the Advance Conversion Options such as HTML Formatting, Internet Header, Remove Encryption, Maintain Folder Hierarchy, All Documents, and Docklink.
7. Now to save the file choose the destination location
8. After all the settings, click on the Export button and wait until the confirmation message
#Step 2: Add Converted NSF Files to Mac Mail
1. First, open Apple Mail and then select the File option
2. Now, select the Import Mailboxes option from the drop-down menu
3. Choose the MBOX format option then click on the Continue
4. After completing the process you can easily access NSF files without Lotus Notes
Whatever, be the reasons behind accessing NSF file without Lotus Notes? If you are looking for a way to complete this task, then here in this blog we are have discussed the best method on how to access NSF files without Lotus Notes. So, go and check out the trial version of the tool it will convert free 25 NSF files in any formats.