Save Lotus Notes Emails as EML File Without Losing Data
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: February 15, 2021 | Lotus Notes
Today here in this blog we are going to discuss various methods on how to save Lotus Notes emails as EML file format. So, if you are seeking a way to complete this work, then you are on the right place. But before going towards the procedure let’s discuss the Lotus Notes file and why users are compelled to migrate Lotus Notes to EML.
So, Lotus Notes is a business-oriented email client that is very popular across the globe. And if we talk about its file format then, it stores all its data in NSF file format. As we said it is a business-oriented email client hence, the reasons it is a bit complicated for the normal person and also it has a high maintenance cost. One of the worst things about its file format that is NSF is only supported by Lotus Notes you can’t export it to other email clients.
On the other hand, EML is supported by most email clients such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, and many others. Microsoft developed the EML file format and it has low maintenance. And the best part there is no need for any Domino Server like Lotus Notes.
How to Save Lotus Notes Emails as EML File Format?
As we said earlier that here in the blog we are going to discuss two methods to export Lotus Notes emails to EML. Now, if you are looking for free methods to complete this task, then here in this section we are going to discuss two techniques to export NSF files from Lotus Notes as EML.
#Manual Method 1: Save Lotus Notes Emails as EML File Format Using Save As Option
Yes IBM Notes provide an option to save its emails as EML you just have to choose the emails and save them as EML. So, if you have fewer emails to export as EML, then you can try this method. Follow the below steps to complete this task.
1. First, launch your Lotus Notes on your computer
2. After that choose the email that you want to save as EML
3. Now, click on the File tab and choose the Save As option
4. Choose the file name and destination and then click on the Save option
5. Once the save task completed you will able to see all your emails on the location of the destination
#Manual Method 2: Save Lotus Notes Emails as EML Using Drag and Drop option
Drag-drop option, yes you can save your Lotus Notes email by using the drag and drop option. But to do this you have to follow some steps. Now, to do this follow the below steps:
1. Open Lotus Notes on your computer
2. Now go to the Home page of the Lotus Notes
3. After that, click on the File option
4. Now, choose the Prefressence option
5. Select the Basic Notes Client Configuration option.
6. At the bottom, there is an Additional options section, select the Drag and drop saves as eml option
7. Once the settings are done, you can easily use the drag and drop option to save Lotus Notes emails as EML File.
Limitations of the Manual Methods
It is true that the manual method is free and you don’t have to spend a single penny. But in the free method comes with some limitations which are not negligible. And here in this section, we are going to discuss the major once.
- Both of the methods only feasible when users have to export a single Lotus Note email to an EML file at a time.
- The manual method to save Louts Notes as EML is only applicable on Lotus Notes version 8.5 and above.
- The manual method is a bit time-consuming because as we said earlier that it will only save one email at a time.
- There is a chance of data loss or data corruption if the task gets stopped due to any reason
Smart Way to Save Lotus Notes Emails as EML File
If you have important data in your Lotus Notes and you are worried that you will lose data, then here in this section we are going to introduce the best way to export Lotus Notes NSF file to EML file format. NSF to EML Converter is the best professional utility to convert IBM Notes emails data to EML format in bulk. The software comes with various advance features such as-
- Easily exports Lotus Notes files Emails to EML format in bulk.
- Option to add NSF files directly from Domino Server.
- Capable to maintains the folder hierarchy and email elements after the conversion.
- The software is compatible with all the editions of Windows OS.
- Simple and straightforward user-friendly interface.
- Along with emails it also exports Lotus Notes contacts and calendar data.
- The software is supported with all versions of Lotus Notes.
Five Steps to Save Lotus Notes Emails as EML File
1. First, download and install the software
2. Choose the Select NSF file radio button and click on the Add File(s) or Add Folder
3. Select the EML option from Select Export Format
4. Choose the destination location and click on the Export button the
Also Read: How to Access NSF Files Without Lotus Notes?
Due to the absence of manual bulk migration of NSF emails to EML Therefore, here in this write-up, we have discussed both the manual and automated method to save Lotus Notes emails as EML file. Now, it up to you to choose the write method for you according to your requirement. And if you are planning for an automated way then you can use the demo version as a test version and check the functionality or working process.