Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook | Learn the Free Method Here
Seeking a way to export Lotus Notes Data to Outlook? But due to file format, you are stuck in a conversion process and searching for a way to export Lotus Notes emails to Outlook, then you are on the right page. Yes, here in this blog we explore the best way to export multiple emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
If we talk about the users who wish to complete this task, then there are lots of users forced to export the emails from HCL Notes to Outlook. But, before going toward a solution first let’s understand the reason for the reason that forces users to this migration.
Reason Why Users Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook?
- Basically, MS Outlook offers the option to add multiple accounts at the same time. But in Lotus Notes users cannot do this.
- IBM Notes has a very complicated UI. On the other hand, Outlook has a very simple and easy-to-use user interface.
- Lotus Notes required high maintenance charge. But, Microsoft Outlook requires less maintenance cost and
- The biggest advantage of Outlook is that it offers the feature of offline mode to access the data Offline mode. But this same feature is not available in Lotus Notes.
Why The Export Process is Complicated?
Basically, Lotus Notes and Outlook both email clients have different file formats which are used to store its data. Lotus Notes saves its data NSF file format and on the other hand Outlook use PST to store its data. Now, thing is that the NSF file format is not supported by Outlook, and also Lotus Notes does not provide any solution to export Lotus Notes emails to Outlook. Hence, the users of Lotus Notes not able to complete this task.
How to Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook?
Here in this section, we are going to discuss the free manula method to export NSF files to Outlook. So if you are seeking the free conversion technique, then go through this section.
Now, in this method, you have to go through the two steps so in the first step we will export the Lotus Notes emails to CSV format. And in the second step, you have to import the exported CSV to Outlook.
#Step 1: Export Lotus Notes Emails to CSV Format
1. First, open your HCL Notes application on the system
2. Now, click on the File and then click on the Export option
3. Select the destination location to save your CSV file
4. Now, choose (Comma Separated Value) and click on the Save button
#Step 2: Import Converted NSF File to Outlook
1. Firstly open Outlook program
2. Click on the File option
3. Select the Open & Export option
4. Now, choose the Import/Export option
5. In Import and Export Wizard choose Import from another program or file option.
6. From Import a File box select the Comma Separated Values option and click on the Next button
7. Locate the resultant CSV file and select Finish when the import process gets completed
Limitation of the Manua Method
The manual process is time-consuming and also not capable to export multiple NSF files or folder at once.
Need of technical assistance for non-technical users to complete the task.
In the manual method, users cannot export NSF files to a single PST directly
Best Way to Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook
Well, we see that the manual method has its own set of limitations. And also if you are looking for the direct method to export the Lotus Notes emails to Outlook, then here in this section we are going to introduce you to the best and easiest way to convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook.
Download Now Purchase Now
The NSF to PST Converter is one of its kind, this tool gives you the direct option to export Lotus Notes Mail Outlook PST. In fact, this tool converts Lotus Notes emails, contacts, calendar, contacts to PST. Along with amazing conversion functionality, this tool also provides numerous advantages over other software.
1. First, download and install the tool on your system
2. Once installation is completed open the software and clicks on the browse button to add the files
3. Now, select the Categories option
4. After that select the Destination location and click on the Export button to start the process of export Lotus Notes emails to Outlook.
Advance Features of the Tool
Capable to export Lotus Notes Contacts, Emails, Calendars, Tasks, Notes, Journals, and other data to PST
Facility to add data file directly from the domino server for conversion process.
Maintains all the email component like: emails Internet Header, HTML Formatting, and Doclinks
Capable to convert Canonical Name into simple SMTP format.
Support all version of Lotus Notes and Windows Operating systems
There are many Lotus Notes users who want to export Lotus Notes emails to Outlook because of many reasons but due to file format compatibility issues. There is or no direct option for users not able to do this task. So, here in this blog, we have discussed the best solution to complete the task.