How to Save IBM Notes Emails as PDF | Read Here
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: July 8, 2021 | Lotus Notes
If you’re looking for a way on how to save IBM Notes emails as PDF, then this article is very helpful for you. Because in this blog article, we will discuss the importance of Lotus Notes to PDF conversion. And also learn some effective techniques for exporting IBM Notes email to PDF format as well.
Well, Lotus Notes is a well-known enterprise-level email client. And it is a sophisticated email program with a plethora of email communication capabilities. It saves all mailbox objects, such as emails, contacts, and tasks, in NSF files. Because the NSF file format is unique to Lotus Notes, you cannot access an NSF file without Lotus Notes.
Along with that many users convert Lotus Notes to PDF in order to view, print, or share certain emails and mailbox contents. Some users convert NSF to PDF to generate a backup of critical communications, particularly when moving from Lotus Notes to another email client.
Why Users Want PDF File Format Over Others?
- All Device Compatibility – The first reason is that PDF is a device-independent file format, which means that consumers may open this document on any device regardless of the operating system.
- Provides Data Security and Sharing Options – Because PDF takes up less space, it is an excellent choice for document sharing. It also has a number of security measures and prevents PDF files from being copied.
- Easy Printing – Many users want a paper copy of their emails, and we are aware that the NSF files cannot be printed. As a result, converting NSF to PDF benefits those users and provides a convenient printing solution.
- Legal Documentation – In data forensics, legal evidence submission, PDF is the first choice for many users. Hence, PDF file format is the first choice.
How to Save IBM Notes Emails as PDF Free?
Yes, you read it right there is a way that gives you the option to convert NSF emails into PDF. Basically, by using Lotus Notes and Outlook you can simply complete this conversion. But there is one limitation that you can convert only one file at once. And also you have a well-configured Outlook program installed in your system. Now, if you have to convert less number of emails into PDF then this method is the best approach. Follow the below steps to complete the conversion.
1. First launch Lotus Notes program on your system
2. Now, select the email that you want to save in PDF and drag the email to save to the desktop.
3. The dragged emails will be saved as an EML file.
4. Now open saved emails using MS Outlook and choose File option and then Save As
5. After that select HTML as the saving emails type
7. Once the email saved in HTML, then open it using MS Word
8. Now, click on the File option and then Save As
9. After that choose a saving location for the emails and then choose PDF (.pdf).from Save as type menu
Time-Saving or Professional Way to Save IBM Notes Emails as PDF
Well, there is no doubt in the above method you do not have to spend a single penny. But the above manual method required lots of steps and also many additional progarm. Now, if you are seeking an effective and straightforward method to export NSF emails to PDF then try NSF to PDF Converter Tool.
It is the most dependable program for converting Lotus Notes emails to PDF. Along with PDF, this program supports six more file formats: MBOX, EML, MSG, vCard, ICS, and HTML. This tool is capable of converting entire NSF emails, contacts, and calendars. The program has no file size limitations, thus users may export NSF files of any size or any number of NSF emails.
1. First, download the tool and install it
Note: Run this tool using administrator and also Lotus Notes installation is mandatory.
2. Choose Select NSF File(s) radio button and click on the Add File(s) or Add Folder to add NSF file
3. You can also add NSF file directly from Domino Mailbox by entering the Domino Server IP Address and Password
4. Now, under the Export option Select PDF format
5. From the Categories option and date filter also if you want specific emails
6. Select the Advance Conversion Option like HTML Formating, Internet Header, Maintain Folder Hierarchy,.etc
7. Select the Destination location to save the resultant file
8. Once all done click on the Export button to start the procedure
Many Lotus Notes users want to know how to save Lotus Notes NSF emails as PDF, however, due to the lack of a direct manual approach, they are unable to perform this operation. As a result, in order to make the process easier, we have created this write-up in which we have described the finest and most cost-effective solution that will allow users to quickly save IBM Notes emails as PDF without losing any data.