Scanpst Fails to Repair PST File | Learn Why
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: July 14, 2021 | MS Outlook
If your Scanpst fails to repair PST files, and you’d want to learn how to repair an Outlook damaged or corrupt PST file? Then, in this article, we will go through all of the reasons why an Inbox Repair Tool cannot repair PST files and how to repair PST files without Scanpst.
We all aware of that Outlook is one of the most popular email programs in the world, as well as one of the most secure email applications. However, PST corruption is a major source of frustration for all Outlook users. Yes, the PST corruption file is extremely prone to corruption. In order to accomplish this, Outlook supplied an Inbox Repair Tool, commonly known as Scanpst.exe.
Essentially, this inbuilt repair tool can fix the damage in Outlook and recover all of your data. However, many Outlook users have complained that they are having problems or are unable to restore PST damage using this tool. So, before we go into the alternate option, let’s learn the right process to use this tool?
Right Way to Use ScanPST Repair Tool
So, now we know what exactly is Scanpst? Hence, let’s move towards how to use it in the right way. Because It’s possible that the procedures you chose are incorrect, which is why Scanpst fails to repair PST files in your situation. So, in order to utilize Scanpst, you must first locate the tool.
Note: To use the Inbox Repair Tool first you have to know the right path. Because the location of ScanPST is varied upon Outlook versions. So follow the below path to locate the ScanPST.
For Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
For Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
For Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
For Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
For Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
Steps to Use ScanPST
1. Once you’ve located ScanPST.exe, double-click it to run the application.
2. After that, look over your PST file.
3. To begin the procedure, click the Start button.
4. If the issue is discovered during the scan, click the Repair option to begin the repair procedure.
Now, after knowing the right way to use ScanPST if your inbuilt inbox repair tool still failed to repair the Outlook corruption, then there is a chance that there is some issue with your Outlook PST file and here in this section, we are going to discuss the reasons to why Scanpst fails to repair PST file.
There are several reasons why scanpst.exe does not work, and they are as follows:
- The Inbox Repair Tool can only repair minor PST file corruption. As a result, in the event of extreme corruption, the program is unable to repair or the PST files. As a result, it fails.
- Another Because of the enormous size of Outlook data files, it may slow down or even interrupt the operation in the middle.
- Along with that, there are also some limitations of the Outlook PST and in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss some majors ones.
Limitations Of Scanpst
Repair Header Section Only- The first restriction that customers experience is that the program can only recover small levels of corruption. Furthermore, while restoring a damaged file, it simply fixes the header portion of the Outlook PST file.
- Unable to Recover Protected PST- The Outlook repair tools do not support password-protected PST files. As a result, in that case, consumers must seek an Outlook Scanpst alternative.
- File Size Restrictions- One of the most significant constraints of Scanpst is the file size restrictions. It only works successfully on files smaller than 2 GB in size because if your Outlook PST file is larger than 2 GB, the performance suffers or the operation is terminated in the middle.
- PST Data File Modification – Many users have reported losing data integrity after running Scanpst.exe. And it is true that many people have mentioned on numerous forums that they have lost certain files from PST files. And this issue highlights the importance of the Outlook Scanpst alternative in the eyes of users.
What is an Alternative?
When a user becomes dissatisfied with Outlook’s in-built PST repair application “scanpst.exe,” they begin seeking an alternative. And in this section, we will offer one of the most powerful and user-friendly programs to repair corrupt data files of Outlook. If Scanpst fails to repair PST file so, keep reading because we will go over all of the characteristics and explain why they are important.
The finest and most user-friendly tool for repairing Outlook PST files is PST Repair Tool. This application, in addition to mending, restores irreversibly erased items from the Outlook PST file. The best thing about this Scanpst Alternative application is that it restores lost contacts and other MS Outlook data items in addition to emails.
One of the most remarkable benefits of utilizing this program is the possibility to divide the big PST file, i.e. split PST. Furthermore, this function will overcome scanpst.exe’s restriction of not being able to recover large-size PST files larger than 2 GB. The user interface is quite simple, allowing both technical and non-technical people to effortlessly utilize this application.
Well, it is time to conclude our blog, and we hope that you were able to discover what you were looking for. And you are not the only one who is frustrated with Scanpst fails to repair PST file and is seeking alternatives. So, in this blog, we’ve addressed what’s causing the problem and how to solve it with the best alternatives.