Outlook PST Not Showing Emails |Here’s the Fix
Ashwani Tiwari |
Modified: February 26th, 2021 | MS Outlook
Are you in a situation where you are not able to view your emails in Outlook, then you are landed on the right page? Here in this blog, we are going to discuss the reasons and methods to fix the error Outlook PST not showing emails.
Well, Microsoft Outlook has considered email client that is used by most professionals. And when we talk about the PST, then it stands for Personal Storage Table, and it crates when users configure its account with POP3 protocols. Moreover, Outlook stores all its data like emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes in PST files.
Now, if anything happens with the Outlook PST file, then you are not able to access your emails in Outlook. And recently there are many users who face this error and many of them reported this error in various forums and community sites. Let’s see one of them
The above query is asked by the users on Microsoft Community and this not the single user query, In our research we have found many users getting the same issue. Now, before going toward the procedure of how to fix the PST file not showing emails in Outlook, let’s take a look at the major reasons behind this error.
Reasons Why Outlook PST Not Showing Emails
- Wrong Email Archiving – Many Outlook users want to archive their Outlook data but due to lack of knowledge sometimes they make mistakes and that ends with this type of error.
- Corrupted PST Files- File corruption is one of the most common reasons for this error. And if you have an oversized PST file then, there is a chance that you will face Outlook data corruption.
- Poor Internet Connection- This error also occurs due to poor internet connection. So check your internet connection.
How to Fix Outlook PST Not Showing Emails?
Effective workouts to fix the Outlook inbox not showing all emails issue
Users are suggested to go through each manual solution explained below to fix this email’s missing problem.
Method 1: Check for your Internet Connection
As we said that poor internet connectivity is also the reason for Outlook PST not showing emails. So before doing any changes first check your internet connectivity is working or not. And if everything fine, and still facing the issue, then you can move towards the next methods.
Method 2: Check Default View Settings
If your internet connection is working well and you are still getting the issue, then you can try this method. Here we are going to check for any filter application in the default View Settings of the Outlook folders. And to do this follow the below steps:
- First, open your Microsoft Outlook application
- Now, from the Outlook ribbon menu bar, click on the View tab
- Under the View tab, choose Current View and then click on Customize Current View
- Now, move to the Filter option and then click on the Clear All option to clear all the applied filters.
- Go to the Outlook inbox folder, click on Send/Receive option and check if all the missing emails are back in the folder again or not.
Method 3: Create Space in Outlook Mailbox
As we said above an oversized Outlook PST degrades the Outlook performance and sometimes it could be the reason could for Outlook PST not showing emails. So if you have unnecessary and duplicate items in the Outlook mailbox, then you can try the Outlook inbuilt toolkit i.e., Mailbox Cleanup tool.
But if you have a huge number of duplicate files in the Outlook mailbox, then you can try Outlook Duplicate Remover toolkit to remove multiple duplicate data files from the Outlook mailbox. It will delete duplicate emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and journals.
Download for Free Buy Software Now
Method 4: Repair Corrupted PST File
Well, the most common reason for Outlook PST not showing emails is PST corruption. And PST corruption occurs very frequently. So if your Outlook file is corrupted then you can use Outlook inbuilt repair tool i.e., ScanPST.exe. And to run the utility you follow the below steps:
Note- The default location of ScanPST.exe according to versions
Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Once you find the location the open the ScanPST.exe
- After that browse your PST file
- Now, click on the Start button the begin the process
- If the scan finds the error then click on the Repair button to start the fixing process
Best Way to Repair Outlook PST Files
The above process is capable enough to repair minor corruption from the Outlook PST file but not for major PST corruption. Also sometimes it will show you a no error found message. So in that situation, you can try Outlook Repair Tool, which is developed to recover data from a corrupted PST file and repair it. This tool is capable to repair major corruption from PST.
Windows OS Buy Software Now
The PST Repair solution is an advanced platform for fixing all kinds of corruptions in all sorts of PST files without any loopholes. It retrieves complete mailbox data and provides multiples saving destination options. The tool works for all Outlook versions and Windows Operating Systems.
As we said earlier that there are many users looking for a method to fix Outlook PST not showing emails. Therefore, here in this blog, we have discussed the top four methods to fix this PST not showing emails in Outlook. So go through the write-up and get rid out fro this error.