Restore Files Encrypted by CryptoLocker Virus Without Data Loss in Quick Steps
For the past few weeks, various computer users have faced an issue of ransomware virus where all the files are encrypted with the ransomware file extension. Ransomware is also called CryptoLocker, which has propagated as an attachment to a seemingly innocuous email.
Moreover, it has a kind of malware that encrypts each file on the system and demands to pay a ransom to decrypt all files. Thus, it becomes necessary for a user to remove CryptoLocker from the system. Hence, in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss all possible solutions to restore files encrypted by a CryptoLocker virus in an absolute way.
Quick Glance on CryptoLocker Ransomware
It would be a catastrophic disaster if your PC has been infected by ransomware viruses including, CryptoLocker, Zcrypt, CryptWall, TorrentLocker, etc. You are prevented from accessing an infected system, and your crucial data is deleted and hidden. Thus, it gets worse, files may be encrypted or changed with the ransomware file extension. Do you know how many files are affected after CryptoLocker attacked your Windows computer? The known types are available such as .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pst, .pdf, .pptx, .jpg, .jpeg.
Methods to Restore Files Encrypted by CryptoLocker Manually
To remove the CryptoLocker virus simply format the hard disk. But remember all files and folders will erase after formatting. Know how to recover files from formatted hard disk. Recover files encrypted by CryptoLocker manually by following the below techniques:
Method 1: Restore Data from Backup to Restore Encrypted Files by CryptoLocker
- First, you have to check your computer files that were encrypted.
- Once they are identified, isolate and delete all files. Then, copy and paste selected files from your backup device to your desktop.
- The easiest way to restore files encrypted by CryptoLocker.
Method 2: Retrieve Files Encrypted by Cryptolocker Using Previous Version Restore
- Locate the directory where most of the files are stored
- Right-click on a particular file, then choose Properties
- Select the Previous Versions tab when the Properties window pops up.
- In the end, you restore files encrypted by CryptoLocker.
Note: If you cannot see the Previous Versions tab, you have to install the mail client. You can talk with your support team to get the correct application installed.
- A list of snapshots for each file will appear.
- Select the snapshot that signifies the last known version of a file.
- Go to the View option and confirm if it is the accurate version of a file.
- After getting the correct file, you can do any of the following actions:
a) View: You can directly view the recovered file and then, save it by choosing the File option and clicking Save As
b) Copy: Create a copy of recovered files in the same directory as an original file. Now, you will get both copies.
c) Restore: This will regain the recovered files and will replace a new file.
Important: Retrieving a file will overwrite the latest copy. Any data stored in the present copy will overwrite with an older file.
Method 3: Perform System Recovery to Restore Files Encrypted by CryptoLocker
The system recovery option in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 will small difference, in general:
- Now, you need to search Control Panel for Recovery
- Then, select Recovery and then, Open System Restore option. Press Next
- After that, choose the restore point before ransomware intrusion
- Go to the Next button and click Finish
- Recovered all files encrypted by CryptoLocker Virus
Best Way to Recover Files Deleted by CryptoLocker Virus
In order to remove the CryptoLocker infection and make files ransomware-free, users start searching for solutions. Moreover, there can be many possible situations due to which users prefer an automated solution over a manual procedure. Because the manual approach can be prone to human errors and can be time-consuming. If your files get deleted while performing the above solutions. Then it suggested going for the Best professional solution, i.e., Hard Disk Data Recovery Wizard. This utility will not decrypt your encrypted files and folders. It will recover deleted PST files from hard drive. It is a fantastic utility that is programmed especially to recover permanently deleted data from hard drive. One can easily avail of this tool as it provides an easy-to-use interface that even a non-technical user can also use it. Free download the demo version of the utility to check the working efficiency of the utility.
Steps to Recover Encrypted Files Ransomware
- Download and install the tool on your Windows OS
- Then, select the recovery option to recover data
- Now users can preview restored data in the software panel
- Finally, hit on save button to save files to the desired location
CryptoLocker a kind of malware that enters the user’s computer and encrypts a large number of files. After understanding the bad effect of CryptoLocker ransomware on the system, different ways to restore files encrypted by CryptoLocker in an efficient manner are discussed. Thus, users can choose any of the methods according to their needs or requirement.