How to Recover Deleted PST Files From Hard Drive – Get Solution Here
In this post, you will come to know. What to do if the PST file deleted from the computer, laptop, PC, Hard Drive, and any storage device. All possible solutions are mentioned. You can use Deleted PST File Recovery Software.
Have you mistakenly deleted your Outlook data file i.e. PST? Lost your PST files? If yes, then don’t worry. You can recover deleted PST files from a hard drive easily. No matter, whether you deleted PST file permanently or normally. You can retrieve hard drive data from dead computers by using automated software easily.
Methods to Recover Deleted PST File from PC
You can restore permanently deleted word documents from Hard Drive simply by following the methods given below. There are two types of manual methods and one trusted software to recover deleted data files from hard drive. But, both the manual methods have various drawbacks which I will discuss later on.
- Use Deleted PST File Recovery Software– Expert Suggested
- Manually Recover PST File using the CMD Method with Ease
- Restore Soft Deleted PST File from Recycle bin Free Solution
Deleted PST File Recovery Critical Reasons
There could be possibly N number of reasons why users face scenarios where they have to recover the Outlook PST files. As we can not mention all of these reasons below, let’s have a look at the most common causes.
- Accidental Deletion: There are times when users end up losing their files accidentally. This accidental deletion of data files is quite common among users & not just for PST but for other data as well.
- Data File Corruption: Corruption is another major reason, why users need to recover their data as they can’t access the corrupted data files. A backup file for such scenarios is a must if they don’t know how to recover deleted Outlook PST file data.
- Malware or Virus Attacks: Due to the lack of security arrangements & low standards, malware & viruses are most likely to attack users’ PST file data. Therefore, recovery is the priority of users here.
- Data Loss While Migration: There are times when users migrate their data files from one email client to another, due to the hassle of migration, we observed plenty of users end up losing their data files.
- Hardware or Software Failure: Hardware or software failure is one of the major reasons why users need to recover their data. Regular hardware & software maintenance can help them prevent this.
- Legal or Compliance Requirements: In a court of law, there are situations when organizations need to show the deleted data as a piece of evidence. Failing this can lead to several complications & regulatory issues.
Method 1: – Recover Deleted PST File from Hard Drive
Outlook PST file deleted from Windows PC. Then use the deleted PST file recovery software. It will recover virus-infected files from hard drive with the same folder structure. You can also call it as Hard Drive Data Recovery Wizard.
Note: – Immediately stop using the same PC. Because, the recovery of overwritten data is not possible.
Recover Deleted PST File from PC Step by Step
First of all, you have to download and install the software on the same computer (from which the PST file was deleted).
- Launch the Software on your computer.
- Select Hard Drive Partition from which PST deleted and Click on the Scan button.
- Wait till the recovery process completes 100% and previews recovered files.
- Save all recovered files and Folder, including the PST files.
Note: – If the PST file lies on your computer and only emails deleted. Then use Outlook Recovery Software.
Recover Deleted PST File from Hard Drive with Stunning Features
Now, as we can see the automated utility is quite fast, it can easily help users get their desired solution without any data loss. However, if this utility is so good, there must be some amazing features present in it. Yes, this software is full of advanced features that no other solution can compete with.
Let’s have a look at these features to utilize this solution to its utmost potential.
- The software can restore the data from both external & internal drives.
- The application detects the storage device automatically for scanning.
- Supports the preview & recovery of RAW files from the hard drives.
- Easily recovers hard drive data erased permanently from the disk.
- Potential to recover formatted FAT, exFAT, and NTFS file system.
- Enable quick data recovery from IDE, EIDE, and SATA devices.
- The deleted partition recovery of any size is also possible here.
- Selective recovery of data files is possible with various filters.
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, etc operating systems are compatible.
Method 2: – Recover Deleted PST File Using CMD
Users can restore deleted files from the hard drive by following the steps given below:-
Note: – Using the Windows command prompt for deleted PST recovery is not recommended. This solution have lots of issues. Follow this at your own risk.
- The first step is to press the “R + Window’s” key together, and then type CMD.
- Now, type “chkdsk, ‘drive letter’ /f” in CMD Window and after doing this, click on enter
- Press the “Y” key and press enter to continue the process.
- After that, you need to press the “F” key and click on the “enter” button.
- Type in F:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and click on enter button.
Method 3: – Recover Deleted PST File from PC Hard Disk
The Windows computer saves normally deleted PST files in the recycle bin folder. therefore, you can recover the data by following the steps given below.
Note: – This method will help you to recover soft-deleted PST file only. If your PST file deleted permanently or not in the recycle bin. Then move to method 1.
- Open Recycle Bin Folder, you can find it on your desktop window.
- Now check your Deleted PST file is in this folder or not. If yes then move to step 3.
- Select your PST file and do mouse right-click on it and click on the Restore option.
- At last, go to the original from which your PST file was deleted.
Drawbacks to Recover Deleted PST Files from Hard Drive Manually
The manual methods also work well but there are endless challenges & shortcomings present here. Understanding these drawbacks can be helpful for users as they can decide the right method for their recovery task.
Time-Consuming: The manual method is very inefficient as it consumes time and resources beyond the expectations of users. This significantly interrupts the day-to-day work of users.
Risk of Data Loss: There’s a huge risk of data loss in these methods due to a lack of data integrity & security standards. Thus, users must be careful while executing the recovery task.
A Complex Method: The manual method is complex & users are most likely to get confused in between. There are multiple steps involved even in a small task here.
No Sure Shot Solution: Even after executing all the steps perfectly, users might not get the desired results. There is no guarantee of the expected results in these manual solutions.
Require Expert Assistance: Without having the technical expertise, users can not undergo the deleted PST file recovery task. Therefore, they might require expert assistance.
Apart from these, there can be several other drawbacks like installation of a specific utility, software & hardware related issues, etc. This is why experts suggest users opt for modern-day solutions.
Quick Reasons For PST File Deletion to Keep in Mind
- Accidentally Deleted Outlook PST File from PC.
- Virus Attacks or Virus Infection Causes PST Deletion.
- Voltage Fluctuation may Also Result in PST Deletion.
- Hardware Malfunction Results in PST File Deletion.
In this blog, I have discussed how to recover deleted PST files from hard drive. There are 2 manual methods and one is an automated solution. But manual methods have some drawbacks. So, to overcome those issues users can use the automated deleted photos recovery software without any hassle.
Authors Guide: – After analyzing all solutions my recommendation is to use deleted PST recovery software. It ensures to recovery of all meta properties and folder structures. Follow the steps of method 1 that uses an automated utility.
Q-1. Do we need Outlook to recover deleted PST file data?
Ans: No, for recovery tasks from the hard drive, users do not require Outlook. However, for accessing the PST files, the Outlook environment is mandatory.
Q-2. Where do deleted Outlook data files go?
Ans: If users delete the data files from Outlook directly, they go straight to the deleted or trash folder. Users can recover the data from there as well.
Q-3. Where are old PST files stored?
Ans: As we know how to recover deleted PST file from hard drive, if users want to recover the OST files, they must be aware of their location. The OSt files are stored in:
drive:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
Q-4. How long does Outlook keep deleted files?
Ans: Outlook keeps the deleted files for 14 days. Users have to recover deleted PST file within 14 days from Outlook to get rid of the above-mentioned procedure.