Resolve “Exchange Is Currently In Recovery Mode Outlook” Error
The Outlook is most widely used email client in large organizations where all the systems are connected to Exchange Server. Outlook mail connected to Microsoft Exchange allows the user to work offline by creating an offline storage table(.ost). If any change occurs in the OST file, it gets synchronized with Exchange Server at the time of connection establishment. Moreover, Outlook brings forth a feature of Cache Exchange Mode that helps to perform offline operations more effectively and also offers many additional functions.
But, when users attempt to synchronize Offline OST files with Exchange Server. At that time, users may encounter an error message showing. Therefore, in the following section, we are going to discuss the easiest way to deal with Exchange is currently in recovery mode Outlook error message. This error can occur in any version of Outlook like 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and it’s below.
Also Read:- Save outlook emails to an external hard drive
Why “Exchange is Currently in Recovery Mode” Error Occurs?
There are plenty of reasons why this Outlook error Exchange is currently in recovery mode received. Also, it shows many errors and all of them are mentioned below:
- This issue occurs when the Exchange database file contains inconsistencies. For an instance, both cached copies of the mailbox on the local machine or on MS Exchange are different.
- While users try to reset the Exchange mailbox, if cached Exchange mode is enabled by default then, this error message generates. However, it provides 3 different options like Work in Offline or Online Mode, and cancel a login operation.
- If you can disable the cached Exchange mode when you reset an Exchange Server, then a new OST file is created by MS Outlook and also maintain the existing Offline OST data on a local system.
- There may be some issues with the Domain Name System configuration and DNS settings as well.
- Network connectivity problems between the client and the server.
Also Read:- Export OST from Exchange Server
Role of Cached Exchange Mode in MS Outlook
Cached Exchange Mode is being used when users have an Exchange mailbox and want to work in Offline mode. In these cases, Outlook can store a copy of data on the user’s local machines in an OST file format. In fact, no need to take a backup of Outlook OST because such files use a copy of all items that are already saved on the Server.
Also Read:- Export Imap to PST Outlook
Methods to Fix “Microsoft Exchange is Currently in Recovery Mode”
Go through the following workarounds that will help to resolve this Outlook error message:
Method 1: Enable or Disable Cached Exchange Mode
To resolve this error, the user only needs to disable the Cached Exchange Mode and then, remove all OST files. Afterward, restart the Outlook application and the cached Exchange mode is enabled. Let us follow the steps given below:
- Open MS Outlook and navigate to the Tools option. Then, choose the Account Settings
- Then, select the Mail Account and click on the Change option
- Now, disable the Use Cached Exchange Mode from the Exchange Server
- After that, delete the Offline OST file by selecting the Control Panel. Next, choose the Mail tab and click on Profiles
- Finally, click on the Delete button and then, recreate a new profile
Also Read:- Move Outlook PST file to the new computer
Method 2: Create a New Offline Folder (.ost )
If Microsoft Exchange Server is getting changed, then users must have to create new OST files. It is only because an existing OST file does not match properly with the new Exchange Server. Let us follow the steps which are shown below:
- Go to the Control Panel and choose the option User Accounts. Then, click on Mail
- After this, select the show profile tab
- Then, click on the Add button and provide the name of a new profile. Press OK
Method 3: Easiest Way to Access Entire Data Safely
If the above-stated manual solution fails then, users can go for a trusted third-party tool. Through this users can easily recover and extract all items of the OST file without any kind of data loss. One such solution is OST to PST Converter. Try this solution for a safe and secure result.
- Download and Install the application on your Machine.
- After that, navigate the OST files from Your PC.
- Preview Outlook OST File Mailbox Data and then hit on Export Button.
- Choose the PST file format and then navigate the location to save data.
If any error occurs in Exchange Server then it will create a big problem for all users. One such error is “Microsoft Exchange is Currently in Recovery Mode” and it becomes very difficult to access Offline OST files. Thus, in this article, after understanding the causes of such errors, we have discussed two methods to resolve Exchange is currently in recovery mode Outlook OST error.