How to Transfer Outlook Emails to Thunderbird Easily
Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird are among the best email application of today’s time. You might feel the need to change your email client based on many circumstances and preferences. Generally, people migrate Outlook mailbox to Thunderbird because their professional organization wants them to do so. The process to transfer Outlook emails to Thunderbird becomes difficult because both email services support different file formats.
On account that emails are the most important part of communication, this conversion needs to be done carefully. If any single attribute is compromised, then you might face some difficulty and inconvenience in importing Outlook mail to Thunderbird.
If you are skeptical, about how to do this, read the blog for the complete method to export emails from Outlook to Thunderbird.
Also Read:- Backup Outlook contacts to Gmail
Why Import Outlook Mail to Thunderbird?
There are several reasons why will any user wants to transfer Outlook emails to Thunderbird on a new computer. Mozilla Thunderbird comes as an open-source app for Personal Information Manager and it is easy to install Thunderbird on the PC than on Microsoft Outlook. Thunderbird is a cross-platform desktop application that can be easily accessed on Windows, Mac, and Linux OS. On the other hand, Outlook is not cross-platform and is a paid service. These are the biggest reasons for moving emails from Outlook to Thunderbird.
4 Steps to Import Emails from Outlook to Thunderbird:
Step 1. Download and Install Software
Step 2. Browse Outlook PST File and Preview data
Step 3. Choose MBOX file format from Export option.
Step 4. Click on the Export button and Import MBOX into Thunderbird
Also Read:- Import outlook contacts to apple mail
Methods to Transfer Outlook Emails to Thunderbird
Moving on let’s discuss the various techniques to convert outlook to thunderbird on a new computer. There are two manual approaches are available to import Outlook mail to Thunderbird. All of them are listed here, simply follow the steps, and perform the process of importing email.
Note: – Find a reliable and complete steps by step solution to import Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird.
Method 1: – Export Email from Outlook to Thunderbird on Single Machine
Try this process to import Microsoft Outlook emails to thunderbird on a single machine. This process will not be applicable if multiple machines will be involved. Follow the steps listed here:
- Go to the Start button on your Windows system, then Go to Default Programs >> Set Outlook as your default program. By clicking on the Set this program as default
- Launch Thunderbird and select “Tools” then click Import/Export Menu
- Choose the radio button which appears next to Mail then click ‘Next’. Select Outlook from the provided list and click ‘Next’.
- A dialog box will appear and click on “Finish” to complete the import process.
Method 2: – Import Outlook Mail to Thunderbird Using Google Takeout
The method discussed in the next part is quite easy and easy than the above one. For this, you have to configure your Gmail account into Outlook. Follow the below-mentioned steps to transfer Outlook emails to Thunderbird.
- Launch your Outlook Profile and click on “File” from the navigation panel.
- Select ‘Add account’ which will open a new window.
- Fill out all the details such as Username, Email ID Password to provide the user credentials.
- Now, Go to your Gmail account and hit on ‘Settings’
- Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP and choose Enable IMAP > Save the changes.
- Again, move to your Microsoft Outlook account and click on “File“
- All your Gmail has been configured to Outlook. Now you can see all your Outlook Mail Emails in the Gmail account.
- Go to the Google Takeout
- Select the folders which you want to archive and such as Calendars, tasks, messages, etc.
- You will receive a copy of the emails on your Gmail Account. Now, Open the zip folder that has been downloaded from Gmail.
Limitations of Manual Method
As you have yourself understand how long is the manual solution and how tedious it can be. Manual techniques to transfer Outlook emails to Thunderbird are also unreliable and unsafe. Your one mistake and your precious data must be lost forever. But do not panic, for another wonderful solution, go to the next section.
Also, Microsoft Outlook is available in different versions like Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. So, the email import process may be different. To overcome such situations just move to the below-mentioned solution to migrate emails from Outlook to Thunderbird.
Also Read:- Outlook to mac mail converter export import
Method 3: – Transfer Outlook Emails to Thunderbird Using Software
As we have discussed two manual methods in the above section but they are not much reliable. Users may get difficulty moving emails from Outlook to Thunderbird. It is better to go for an automated tool like SoftwarePro PST to MBOX Converter and easily transfer outlook to thunderbird converter without any inconvenience. Here are some interesting features of this utility.
Steps to Export Outlook Mail to Thunderbird via MBOX are;
Step 1. Launch the software and add the Outlook PST file.
Step 2. Pick MBOX from the multiple saving file formats.
Step 3. Click on Advanced Settings and apply the date filter for selective conversion.
Step 4. Hit on the Export button and the process will start automatically.
Beneficial Features of the Utility
- A graphical User Interface is designed to give the user a complete experience
- No limitation on the file size and number of PST files to be exported
- Bulk conversion of emails from Outlook to Thunderbird
- Compatible with all versions of Windows
- Available in Windows and Mac both the platforms
- Option to read ANSI and UNICODE PST files
How to Transfer Outlook Emails to Thunderbird – User’s Query?
“I was using Outlook 2007 on my windows computer. But, now I have migrated to Thunderbird. Is it possible to export Outlook 2010 mail to Thunderbird on the Windows 10 operating system? Thanks in Advance”
“Suggest me a reliable solution to export Outlook 2007 mail to Thunderbird mail client. I am the novice and don’t know technology in deep. So suggest me easiest method transfer emails from Outlook to Thunderbird.”
“Hello, I am in utter need of moving emails from Microsoft Outlook to Thunderbird. I want a trusted way to get it done. So, is there anyone who can suggest to me how to import Outlook mail to Thunderbird? Regards!”
In the above blog, we have discussed various methods to transfer Outlook emails to Thunderbird. Users can go for any of the solutions based on his / her requirement. But it is highly recommended to use method 3. As it is more reliable to transfer emails from Outlook to Thunderbird. If you are facing any issues while importing Outlook mail to Thunderbird feel free to contact me.