Fix A Corrupted Recycle Bin in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
You can fix a corrupted recycle bin error in windows by following some simple steps. If you are getting recycle bin stops working error or warnings with folder corrupted error. Then you are at right place. This error can occur in any version of Windows OS like 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP. So in this article, I am going to give you an optimal solution to fix corrupted recycle bin error.
Before beginning with the solution, remember one this that. You may lose recycle bin folder data while performing these steps. If your recycle bin folder get empty and you lost important data then try Hard Drive Data Recovery Software to recover permanently deleted word documents from hard drive easily. You can download this utility on Windows.
Methods to Fix Corrupted Recycle Bin Error in Win 10 / 8 / 7
There are two methods to fix and repair corrupted recycle bin windows error. There are various methods that can be applied to Win 10, 8, 8.1, 7. You can try any of them:
Method 1: – Fix Corrupted Recycle Bin Error by CMD
Perform the steps listed below to repair corrupted recycle bin in windows by using the command prompt.
- Go to Windows Start and Right-Click on it
- Select Command Prompt (Admin) and hit Enter
- Now type rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and then click Enter
- Close CMD window and Reboot the system
- Now go to recycle bin folder and check whether problem is fixed or not
Note: – if the above-mentioned command does not work in your case then try this command sfc / scannow and then hit Enter.
Method 2: – Delete & Reinstall Recycle Bin and It’s Permission
In this method, you need to delete recycle bin folder and also it’s all permissions. But remember one this will led you to data loss from recycle bin folder.
A) Steps to Deleted Corrupted Recycle Bin and Its Permissions
- Go to Control Panel >> File Explorer >> View
- Now Unhide or Uncheck System Protected Operating Files
- Open each drive and locate recycle bin folder and permissions in each drive
- Delete all drive recycle bin folder and its permissions
B) Steps to Reinstall Recycle bin in Windows 10 / 8 / 7
Here you need to reinstall the recycle bin and it’s all permissions. Just follow the steps listed below:
- Right-Click on Desktop and Select Personalize and hit Enter
- Hit on Themes and then click Desktop Icon Setting
- Select Recycle bin and then hit on Apply
- At the end close all opened windows
Method 3: – Scan your System for Virus
Scan your system by trusted antivirus to repair corrupted recycle bin in windows. Because due to virus attack your recycle bin folder become inaccessible or stopped working. After complete scanning of your system. The virus will be removed and then you can access this folder.
Note: – If you are getting access denied error while processing above mentioned steps. Then you need to delete recycle bin windows folder in safe mode. The complete guide on how to delete recycle bin in safe mode listed below.
Fix Folder Access Denied Error & Deleted Recycle Bin in Safe Mode
Getting folder Access Denied error in windows while deleting recycle bin folder. Try to delete it in safe mode. Perform the steps listed below:
- Press and hold the Shift key and Power button together.
- Select Restart by holding Shift Key.
- Now go to Troubleshoot >> Advance Option >> Startup Setting >> click Restart.
- Wait for Windows Reboot process and then select Safe Mode.
- Now try to fix a corrupt recycle bin windows error by following above-mentioned steps.
Final Words: –
I hope that at the end your $recycle.bin folder corrupted in windows error is fixed. Here I listed all possible way to repair corrupted recycle bin in windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP etc.