How to Download Zip File from Outlook | A Complete Guide
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: February 12, 2021 | MS Outlook
The ZIP file format is an archive file format that supports lossless data compression and nowadays many users use this file first to share their file through an email attachment. But there are also many users looking for a way to save multiple ZIP attachments from Outlook. So if you are one of them and looking for an instant way to complete this task, then here in this blog we are going to discuss how to download ZIP file from Outlook
As we said earlier that a ZIP file is an archived file that contains one or more than one file Basically, it is a file format that is used to compress large files so they can easily be transmitted electronically.
How to download ZIP file from Outlook Manually?
If you are looking for a free way to save multiple ZIP attachments from Outlook, then here in this blog we are going to discuss the free method to complete this task. So to do this follow the listed below steps carefully
1. First, open the Microsoft Outlook program
2. Select the email message from the left panel of the Outlook window
3. Now, click on the ZIP attachment and then click on the down arrow button, and select Save All Attachment option from the top menu bar.
4. Click on the OK button
5. Choose the destination location to save the .zip files from Outlook
6. Once the fils is downloaded you can open your ZIP attachment with the help of
Limitations of the Manual Method
Well, the manual method is free and you don’t have to spend a single penny on it. But it comes with some limitations such as you can able to download multiple attachments at once. And also you have to save ZIP attachments one by one which makes this task very long-winded. Hence, most of professionals not recommended this method. So it is better to avoid the manual method
How to Download ZIP File from Outlook Smartly?
If you are looking for a way to download multiple ZIP attachments at once then here in this section we are going to discuss the best-automated way to download bulk ZIP file attachments at once
Outlook Attachment Extractor is one of the best attachment downloader tool that gives you an option to save multiple attachments from all versions of Outlook It gives you ease to download attachments from Outlook OST, PST, MSG, and BAK files. It is well capable to extract attached files from Outlook emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and journals.
Steps to Download ZIP File From Outlook
1. Download the software from the above download link
2. Once the download is completed install the software and run it
3. Select the PST/OST button and then click on the Add File (s) or Add Folder option
4. Select Attachments from All Folder option to download .zip files from Outlook
5. Click on the Change to select the destination location to save all the attachments
6. Now, choose the Emails option under Select Item Type
7. Choose File type option and select the Include radio button and enter the ZIP file format
8. At last, click on the Extract button to download a ZIP file from Outlook
Why Automated Solution is Best Alternative?
The software is developed after lots of research about user requirements and needs. This software comes with some advance feature that helps the user a very good way to download ZIP file from Outlook. Some of the prominent features are listed below:
- Option to extract all attachments from Outlook PST, OST, BAK, and MSG files without any data loss
- Provides multiple two options to maintain the folder structure such as Maintain Folder Hierarchy and No Folder Hierarchy
- Facilitated naming convention options for attachment and for the folder
- The tool support all versions of MS Outlook along with Windows OS
- Option to exclude or include a file extension during the attachments extraction process.
- Provide various filter options such as Date Filter, Size Filter, Category filters.
- The software also saves the download report and failure report of the extraction process.
How to download ZIP files from Outlook is a very common query asked by many users. So considering the requirement here in this blog we have discussed the best manual and automated way to complete the task. So, now it is upon you to choose the right method to finish the task without any data loss.