How to Split Outlook PST File Into Smaller Parts? Best Solutions
Summary: In this blog, we are going to discuss the multiple ways to split Outlook PST file into smaller parts. Users can go through this write-up to know the best techniques.
Nowadays, most of us are using MS Outlook to share any kind of information. Because MS Outlook is one of the popular and free email clients it helps to send and receive email messages all over the world. Outlook stores all the data like emails, notes, journals, contacts, and many other things in the PST file extension.
A PST file stands for Portable Storage Table File, but it also has a file size limitation. A PST file can only save data up to a specific file size limit which varies for different versions of Outlook. In Outlook 2016, 2019, and 2013, users can only store data up to 50 GB. This is the main reason why users are trying to split Outlook PST files into smaller parts.
- Split Outlook PST File Into Smaller Parts Using Professional Software
- Manually break PST File Into Smaller Parts
- Final Thoughts
Automated Tool to Split Outlook PST File Into Smaller Parts
The Outlook PST Splitter is the best software for simple parts. So, let us have a look at the step-by-step procedure of the automated software:-
- Firstly, Download & install the utility on your machine.
- The tool provides “Add Files, Add Folder and Search Files” buttons to insert the large PST files
- Choose a specific folder by using the “Add Folder” button and hitting the “OK” button.
- Search the PST file in your system by using the “Search Files” feature.
- Go to the Add File >> Open button to add the large PST documents.
- If you somehow added the wrong files, use the “Remove and Remove All” button to delete the wrong files from the software panel.
- Use the “Browse” option to find a location to save the new files.
- Click on the “Split by Size” option under the split option section.
- Choose the size of the PST document and hit the “Next” button.
- Under the summary segment, the splitting details will be shown, and hit the “Next” option.
- At last, “The PST Files have been split successfully” will display this message.
Prominent Features Offered by the Application
Here, we will be mentioning some of the features of the Tool:-
- This software can split Outlook PST file into smaller parts by size of 1 MB to 1 TB
- Allows to break PST files of all versions of Outlook
- Download the tool on Windows OS 10 and all the below versions
- Installation of MS Outlook application is not necessary to split PST file into smaller parts
- Users can split the active and archive PST files
- Supports adding the PST files in bulk
- Allows breaking PST files by category, folder, year, email-id, size, etc.
Split Outlook PST File Into Smaller Parts Using Manual Procedure
- Install and run the MS Outlook application on your PC.
- Click on the “File” option and then go to the “Account Settings” option.
- Select the “Data Files” buttons and go to the “Add” button.
- Here, enter the location and name to save the new document and click on the “OK” button.
- Now, close the account settings.
- Go to the File >> Open button, and choose the Import button.
- Select the “Export to a File” option when a pop-up screen will appear and hit the “Next” button.
- Now, select any of the PST files and click on the “Next” button.
- As per your requirement, Click and choose the folders and go to the “Next” option.
- Go and find any specific location to save the new data.
- In the end, before exporting, choose from the options given, and click on the “Finish” option.
Go through the above steps to Break PST file into smaller parts. But, this method has some limitations which we discussed in the next paragraph.
Drawbacks of the Manual Method to Split Outlook PST File into Smaller Parts
We will discuss some of the limitations of manual procedure in this segment:-
- The manual process is confusing and lengthy.
- Users suffer from data loss issues using a manual process.
- It consumes a lot of time and extra effort.
- The manual procedure doesn’t give any guarantee to safely split the data.
Also Read: Top 2 Ways to Reduce PST File Size
We have discussed the manual as well as the automated procedure to split Outlook PST file into smaller parts. You can work with any of the above-mentioned techniques, but the manual approach has some drawbacks which we have discussed above. So, we suggest users work with the automated software which provides a guarantee to split Outlook PST files into multiple files