How to Remove Calendar From Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
A highly efficient feature of Microsoft Outlook is calendars. As a user, we know how important this feature is. Calendars in MS Outlook are used to schedule meetings, and appointments, organize Events, and whatnot. It is integrated with E-mails, contacts, and other features of Outlook. By selecting any time slot we can create an appointment or event. Which will be reminded by either sound or text message. We can also create separate calendars for other reasons. These calendars can be viewed side by side. But what if, we want to remove the calendar from Outlook or want to delete a certain item in the calendar?
In this blog, we will talk about how to delete calendars from Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007. In this case, you can not delete a calendar from Outlook. And finally how to remove holidays, birthdays, appointments, events, and meetings in a calendar.
Also Read:- Retrieve deleted meetings in Outlook
How to Remove Calendar from Outlook Manually?
People who work in an office might want to remove birthday calendars if they have one. People might want to remove the holiday calendars of past months. You may want to remove shared calendars that are shared by other people in Outlook. Any group calendar that you aren’t any more part of. There are many cases where you want to delete a calendar from Outlook so that you only get relevant information.
1. Method. to Clear Calendar from Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
Perform the following steps to remove a shared calendar from the Outlook app:
- In Calendar (in Folder Pane), to delete a calendar right click on the name of that calendar.
- Click Delete Calendar then, click Yes to confirm
Note: If the Delete Calendar option is greyed out, it means you cannot delete this calendar. This particular calendar is your primary calendar which is why you cannot remove it. But you can definitely hide it. However, you can remove all items from your primary calendar.
2. Method. Reset Calendar Settings
- Open Microsoft Outlook and select the Calendar option
- Go to the display option then select the display setting option
- Select Reset Current View. then press the ok button
- Check if the imported empty calendar has been deleted
3. Method. Scan and Recover Calendar Entries
- Close MS Outlook
- Go running and type Outlook/clean reminders. Press OK
- MS Outlook will now scan and repair all calendar entries
- Go run again and type outlook /resetfolders. Hit OK
- MS Outlook will now reset all folders.
4. Method. Delete Old Calendar Items in Outlook From Primary Calendar
Note: This will delete all the automatically added items as well, like holidays. You can add holidays to your calendar to make default holidays in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
- Click the View option in the Calendar
- Go to the Current View group, click Change View then, click List
- Choose Item List then, to select all items press Ctrl+A
- Lastly, press Delete
Also read:- Repair Outlook Data Files
If Unintentionally Remove Calendar from Outlook
If in case you mistakenly delete an important calendar from Outlook, you can try the expert-recommended Outlook Recovery Software. It supports to recovery of permanently deleted and corrupted PST files. This tool is capable enough to recover calendars, emails, Notes, Contacts, Journals, tasks, etc. This app recovers emails from password-protected PST files with any data loss. The best part about this app is that it supports all Windows versions like 11, 10, 8.1, etc.
Alert:- If you want to remove Outlook calendar duplicates, try SoftwarePro Outlook Duplicate Remover tool is the best choice for you. It also allows Outlook PST and OST files that are not attached to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
The free demo edition of this tool allows 15 calendar entries to remove duplicates per folder. So, just download this tool and check its working procedure and then make a decision to use this wizard.
Now, if you have questions like “How do I remove shared calendar in Outlook”, or “How do I remove SharePoint in Outlook?”. See the next section.
5. Method. Remove Shared Calendars, Group Calendars & SharePoint Calendars:
- Right-click on the calendar you want to delete, then click Delete Group or Delete Calendars
- After when Outlook asks “If you want to remove the group or calendar” move its contents into Deleted Items folder
- Choose Yes
Note:- Only the copy of that calendar will get deleted. The source calendar still remains intact. However, the deleted calendar will not appear in Folder Pane.
If you unsubscribe a calendar from Outlook, you won’t be able to see it again, unless the owner of that calendar decided to re-share it with you.
In this article, I have discussed how to remove the calendar from Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007. However, you cannot delete the primary calendar. But you can possibly delete its items permanently. Or you can hide it. When you remove SharePoint, team, group, and shared calendar, only the copy of that calendar gets deleted. The source calendar is still there. It’s just hidden from your Folder Pane.