How to Migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365
Ashwani Tiwari |
Modified: April 16th, 2019 | MS Outlook
“From past 1 year, my organization is working with Lotus Notes to carry out all the communication and data management tasks. However, within 1-year employees have faced numerous issues while working with Lotus Notes. As per the employees, complaints associated with Lotus Notes were poor RAM storage capacity, synchronization issues, performance degradation, difficult to train new employees on Lotus Notes platform due to complex features and user interface, etc. Moreover, the company is also becoming weak financially as a huge segment of the amount is spent on Lotus Notes maintenance. So, considering all the scenario, I have decided to migrate to another platform such as Exchange or Office 365. But I am not able to understand that to which platform should I move and how can I migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange or Office 365”.
Most of Lotus Notes users face plenty of issues while working with it. Some of the most common problems which occur with Lotus Notes is a RAM storage issue, complex functionalities, difficult to understand user-interface, maintenance cost is high, etc. Thus, to eliminate all such issues that affect the company’s performance, users decide to migrate from Lotus Notes to an efficient and feature-rich platform such as Office 365 and Exchange. However, users are not able to decide which platform they should opt for their organization. Thus, to make it seamless for users, we are going to help all the users in the selection of reliable and budget-friendly platform to manage business work and communication process. Moreover, in this blog, a simple yet step-wise process is explained on how to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365.
Let Us Take A Look At Some Features Associated With Office 365 and Exchange
- What Makes Office 365 the Best Pick?
Office 365 one of the most popular and versatile cloud-based solution used by the organization for email communication and it also include various applications such as Office Web-Apps, SharePoint, etc. There are multiple factors which make Office 365 the best pick over Lotus Notes. These factors include versatility, collaborate framework, content management, ease of communication, complete data backup, etc. It also includes Skype business for voice/video conferences, instant messaging, etc. Moreover, one can also make use of SharePoint for web content creation, document management, and collaboration.
- Why One Should Migrate to Exchange Server?
Exchange Server is one of the best messaging and collaboration system preferred by numerous organization. With Microsoft Exchange Server, one can carry out business operations in an efficient and systematic manner. One can easily manage emails, contacts, tasks, etc. and access them at one place. MS Exchange provides flexibility to work and access data 24*7. Some of the amazing features associated with Exchange that are scheduling, contact management, calendar sharing, etc. which improves collaboration with the client and result in an increase in productivity.
It totally depends on the organization requirements to which platform they want to migrate to. Still, in the above section, we have explained some features associated Office 365 / Exchange Server. This will help the user to select the best platform and switch from Lotus Notes.
The Question Crops Up:
How to Convert Lotus Notes to Exchange / Office 365?
After selecting the desired platform to migrate Lotus Notes data, it becomes a challenging task for the user to implement the migration process. Thus, one can rely on SysTools Mail Migration Wizard to export Lotus Notes/Domino Server data to multiple platforms such as Exchange Server/Office 365. One can easily implement the migration task via the software without any security breach and data loss issues. To migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365 using this tool, the user needs to follow the steps explained below:
- Download and install the software on your system and launch it
- Now, first, select the Lotus Notes Client Password option and add password
- Click on the Add Folder button to migrate multiple NSF files to the desired platform
- After selecting the folder containing NSF files, click on the OK button. The software will load the NSF files to its dashboard and click on the Next button
- In the Export Option, select the platform to which you want to migrate Lotus Notes data. You can select the Office 365/ Exchange as per your choice. To maintain the folder hierarchy select Maintain Folder Hierarchy option and click OK. Here, the Office 365 option is selected
- Select With Impersonation or Without Impersonation option. Here, With Impersonation option is selected
- Now, you have to provide Office 365 Admin User ID and password and click on the Login button
- After that, enter the Office 365 User ID associated with respective mailbox
- In the Select Categories option, select Mails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, and Journals according to your choice
- One can also apply filters to move the selective Lotus Notes data. To implement HTML formatting, Internet Header, Email Address Translation, Custom Folder(s) Mapping, Include Folders,etc. click on the Advanced Settings
- After all the settings, click on the Export button. You have to provide the password associated with the IBM Notes application to begin the export process
- Once the process is completed, you will be able to access Lotus Notes data in Office 365 account
Due to enhancement in technology and development of new platforms, people are migrating from old platforms to new ones such as Office 365/Exchange. Thus, in the above section, we have introduced a stepwise guide on how to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365. One can easily migrate complete or selective Lotus Notes NSF files to the desired platform via the software without any hassle.