How to Migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365
Summary: Want to know the proven solution to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365? If yes, then without any further delay, check out this blog, which reveals the perfect solution in a precise way.
“From past 1 year, my organization is working with Lotus Notes to carry out all the communication and data management tasks. However, within 1 year employees have faced numerous issues while working with Lotus Notes. As per the employees complaints associated with Lotus Notes were poor RAM storage capacity, synchronization issues, performance degradation, difficult to train new employees on Lotus Notes platform due to complex features and user interface, etc.
Moreover, the company is also becoming weak financially as a huge amount of money is being spent on Lotus Notes maintenance. So, considering all the scenario, our organization has decided to migrate to another platform such as Exchange Server or Office 365. However, we are finding it extremely difficult to find the solution which allows to migrate 430+ Lotus Domino mailboxes to Exchange Online or Office 365 cloud platform
A majority of Lotus Notes users has to deal with plenty of issues while working with it. Some of the most common problems which occur with Lotus Notes is a RAM storage issue, complex functionalities, difficult to understand user-interface, high maintenance cost, etc. Thus, to eliminate all such issues that affect the company’s performance, users decide to migrate from Lotus Notes to an efficient and feature-rich platform such as Office 365 and Exchange.
However, users are not able to decide which platform they should opt for their organization. Thus, to make it seamless for users, we are going to help all the users in the selection of reliable and budget-friendly platform to manage business work and communication process. Moreover, in this blog, a simple yet step-wise process is explained on how to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365.
Let Us Have A Look At Some Features Associated With Office 365 and Exchange Server
- What Makes Office 365 the Best Pick?
Office 365 one of the most popular and versatile cloud-based solution used by the organization for email communication. It also include various applications such as Office Web-Apps, SharePoint, etc. There are multiple factors which make Office 365 the best pick over Lotus Notes. These factors include versatility, collaborative framework, content management, ease of communication, complete data backup, etc. It also includes Skype business for voice/video conferences, instant messaging, etc. Moreover, one can also make use of SharePoint for web content creation, document management, and collaboration.
- Why One Should Migrate to Exchange Server?
Exchange Server is one of the best messaging and collaboration system preferred by numerous organization. With Microsoft Exchange Server, one can carry out business operations in an efficient and systematic manner. One can easily manage emails, contacts, tasks, etc. and access them at one place. MS Exchange provides flexibility to work and access data 24*7. Some of the amazing features associated with Exchange Server are scheduling, contact management, calendar sharing, etc. which provides hassle-free collaboration with the client and results in increasing the productivity.
Therefore, it completely depends on the organization’s requirements to which platform they want to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365. Still, in the above section, we have explained some features associated Office 365 / Exchange Server. This will help the user to select the best platform and switch from Lotus Notes.
Now, the Question Crops Up!
How to Convert Lotus Notes to Exchange Server/ Office 365?
After selecting the desired platform to migrate Lotus Notes data, it becomes a challenging task for the user to implement the migration process. Thus, one can rely on SysTools Mail Migration Wizard to export Lotus Notes/Domino Server data to multiple platforms such as Exchange Server, Office 365 and MS Outlook. One can easily implement the migration task via the software without any security breach and data loss issues. To migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365 using this tool, the user needs to follow the steps explained below:
- Download and install the software on your system and launch it
Download Now Purchase Now
- Now, first, select the Lotus Notes Client Password option and add password
- Click on the Add Folder button to migrate multiple NSF files to the desired platform
- After selecting the folder containing NSF files, click on the OK button. The software will load the NSF files to its dashboard and click on the Next button
- In the Export Option, select the platform to which you want to migrate Lotus Notes data. You can select the Office 365/ Exchange/PST as per your choice. To maintain the folder hierarchy select Maintain Folder Hierarchy option and click OK.
- When the Office 365 option is selected
- Select With Impersonation or Without Impersonation option. Here, With Impersonation option is selected
- Now, you have to provide Office 365 Admin User ID and password and click on the Login button
- After that, enter the Office 365 User ID associated with respective mailbox
- In the Select Categories option, select Mails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, and Journals according to your choice
- One can also apply filters to move the selective Lotus Notes data. To implement HTML formatting, Internet Header, Email Address Translation, Custom Folder(s) Mapping, Include Folders,etc. click on the Advanced Settings
- After all the settings, click on the Export button. You have to provide the password associated with the IBM Notes application to begin the export process
- Once the process is completed, you will be able to access Lotus Notes data in Office 365 account
- When Exchange Server option is selected
- After selecting Exchange Server option, provide the admin credentials i.e., SMTP address and the password, Server IP, Active Directory IP and Exchange Server version
- Under Select Categories option, users are allowed to export selective data items i.e., emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. as per the requirement.
- Make use of Date filter option to migrate the desired Lotus Notes data to Exchange Server
- Avail various Advanced Settings options such as option to maintain HTML formatting, Internet Header, Remove Encryption and much more.
- Once the required filters are applied, click Export to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange Server
- Upon completion of data migration, one can easily access the migrated Lotus Notes data in Exchange Server
Due to the enhancement in technology and development of new email platforms, users are migrating from old platforms to new ones such as Exchange Server, Office 365, etc. Thus, in the above section, we have introduced a stepwise guide on how to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365. One can easily migrate complete or selective Lotus Notes NSF files to the desired platform using the powerful and super-fast software without any hassle.