Merge Multiple Outlook Contacts Folders Without Duplicate
Merging of files refers to the process of combining multiple files into a single file. This can be done in various ways, depending on the type of file and the desired outcome. But here in this blog post, we are going to discuss the process of merge multiple Outlook contacts folders into a single folder of files.
So if you are an Outlook user and looking for the same, then at the end of the blog post you will get all the details of the merging process of the Outlook contacts folder. But before that get a look at why users want to merge contacts files in Outlook.
Reasons to Merge Multiple Outlook Contacts Folders
There are several reasons why someone might want to merge multiple Outlook contact folders:
- Organization: Having multiple contact folders can make it difficult to keep track of all your contacts. Merging them into one folder can make it easier to manage and find the contacts you need.
- Backup: Merging contact folders can also be useful for creating a backup of all your contacts in one place.
- Synchronization: Merging multiple contact folders can also be useful when synchronizing contacts between multiple devices or accounts.
- Consolidation: Merging contact folders can also be useful to merge duplicate contact information and to have a single source of truth for all your contact information.
- Sharing: Merging multiple contact folders can also be useful when sharing contacts with colleagues or other people.
- Importing: Merging multiple contact folders can also be useful when importing contacts from external sources into Outlook.
Well, knowing the reasons, let’s move on to the solution part.
Easy Way to Merge Multiple Outlook Contacts Folders
PST Merge Software is a tool designed to merge multiple Outlook PST files into a single PST file. This tool can be used to merge multiple PST files from different Outlook versions, such as Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
The tool allows you to merge multiple PST files, including Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, and other mail folders. You can also choose to merge only selected folders from different PST files. The tool also has a feature to remove duplicates while merging the PST files, which can help to avoid duplicate entries.
The tool provides a preview option to view the PST files before merging, and also allows the user to save the merged PST file at a desired location. The best part about the tool is that it is compatible with the Windows operating system and it is a simple, user-friendly tool that can be used by both technical and non-technical users.
Free Way to Merge Multiple Outlook Contacts Folders
If you don’t want to pay a cent to finish this laborious task, okay. Then here in this section, we are going to introduce the free method to complete this task.
Step 1. Export Outlook Contacts to CSV File Format
1. Open the Outlook program, then select the File tab.
2. Select Import/Export from the Open & Export menu.
3. Click Next after selecting Export to a file.
4. After selecting Comma Separated Values, click Next.
5. Click the Next button after selecting the Contacts Folders you want to export from.
6. Select the name and location of the exported file by clicking the Browse button, then click Next.
7. Press the Finish button.
8. To import contacts into Outlook, you must save all contacts from exported CSV files into a single CSV file format.
Step 2. Import CSV File into Outlook
1. Open & Export and again choose Import/Export under the File tab.
2. Click Next after selecting Import from another program or file.
3. Next after choosing Comma Separated Values.
4. After this browse and pick the CSV file containing the exported contacts.
5. Choose the option, “Do not import duplicate items with items imported.”
6. Select the Outlook folder you want to import the contacts into at this point, or you can create a new one.
7. Choosing Map Custom Fields
8. Drag the CSV file’s values onto the destination field on the right, then drop them there. After
9. Click OK to map each column in the CSV file to the desired Outlook address book field.
Finally, press the Finish button.
Well, as we discussed at the start of the blog post, merging data files is a very complicated and tedious task to do. Also, if you did anything wrong, then there is a chance that you will lose your data. So, if you’re looking for a reliable solution, read on for a free as well as automated solution to merge multiple Outlook contacts folders into one.