How to Import PST Files to Office 365 Mailbox Manually? Top Solutions Explained
In this post, you will get to know the different solutions to Import PST Files to Office 365. You can choose either a free manual method or expert suggested utility. Read this write-up and follow the step by step solution for the same operation.
Nowadays, migration from desktop-based Outlook to Office 365 OWA becomes a very common thing. It’s because users are getting a wide range of functionalities & features over the cloud platform.
The best one is, of course, Office 365. Most of the users are familiar with its interface and its application. Office 365 is just a web-based version of desktop Outlook with more features.
But, the problems are, it is not at all an easy task to import Outlook PST to Office 365 if you don’t know the right approach. Therefore, to help users to make this task simple, we have written this technical post.
This post will explain to you how you can safely perform the above operation without any hassle.
Top 3 Methods to Import Outlook PST to Office 365 Account
Microsoft provides two methods of manual approaches using which users can move Outlook PST files to Office 365 cloud.
Apart from this, you can also use trusted and secure software for the same operation ensuring maximum security of data. All solutions are explained here:
- Using Professional Solution (MVP Verified)
- Drive Shipping Method (Time Taking)
- Network Upload Method (Confusing)
“Hello, I am Rachel. Recently, I have bought Office 365 subscription plan and create an account. But, there is no option to import PST files to Office 365 mailbox, like it was in Outlook email client. I am not much of a technical user. Please guide me with a method to resolve this problem. Thanks in advance.”
Method 1: Automated Way to Import PST Files to Microsoft 365 (Office 365) Mailbox
The most trusted and verified software by the Microsoft MVP’s is Office 365 Import Tool.
Why Use This Software?
- Import multiple PST files to Office 365 mailbox quickly
- Incremental import option to import new or updated files
- Support Login using both Admin or User account credentials
- Allows to Import PST to Office 365 shared mailbox
- No file size limitation to move Outlook data file to Office 365
- Easily import large size PST files to Office 365 users account
- Support to Migrate Unicode and ANSI PST to Microsoft 365
- Move Data File from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
Download Free Demo Version:
It is the only solution that overcomes all the limitations of manual approaches. It supports migrating email, contact, calendars, the task from PST files to Office 365 account. Also, capable to maintain folder hierarchy throughout the process.
Also, the tool supports the Incremental Import approach which allows us to import only new or updated data from a PST file.
Moreover, the date filter is also available for selective Outlook data migration from the PST file to O365.
Also, the software is available for all Windows Operating systems.
Steps to Import Outlook PST into Office 365
Follow the listed steps and easily migrate Outlook emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc. to Office 365 account.
- Firstly, Enter Office 365 Admin or User credentials for login
Note: Login via Office 365 admin account if the user wishes to import Outlook PST file into multiple Office 365 accounts simultaneously.
Also, to import PST in Office 365 shared mailbox. And login via User credentials to import multiple Outlook PST into your own Office 365 account.
- After that, click on Add File / Add Folder / Add CSV option for importing PST file
- Map each PST file with its destination client id
- Now, Select the Category of data your need to Import and Apply filter for each selected category.
- Finally, Click on the Import button to start the import process
Know-How to Import PST to Office 365 – Watch Online Video
The video explains how to use this software. Watch the video to know the complete PST to Office 365 import process.
Method 2: Import Outlook PST into Office 365 – Drive Shipping
Office 365 has provided its own method for its users to import their Outlook data files into their Office 365 mailboxes. It is basically used to bulk import PST files to the Microsoft 365 account.
Drive shipping workaround copy Outlook PST file on a drive and manually forward the drive to Microsoft. Once Microsoft validates the file, it moves the data from the drive to the Microsoft cloud.
Here, users can select the desired PST data and import it into target mailboxes using setting filters. And, when the import job begins, the O365 Import service migrates the PST data to Office 365.
For Complete and step by step guide to using drive shipping method to import PST files to Office 365 mailbox.
Limitations Associated With Drive Shipping Method
This method also has some downsides that must be considered before approaching this workaround.
- Currently, the Drive Shipping method is available in the United States, Australia, Canada, the Republic of Korea, Brazil, Japan, the United Kingdom, Southeast Asia, Europe, India, and East Asia.
- This method is available through the MS Enterprise Agreement (EA). It cannot be available via. Microsoft Products & Services Agreement (MPSA).
- The cost associated with the drive shipping method to upload a PST file Office 365 OWA is $2 USD/GB of data. For example, if you ship 1 TB of PST files, the cost should be $2,000 USD.
- A maximum of 10 hard drives can be the ship for an individual import job.
- A time-consuming procedure and data item of more than 150 MB will be skipped during the migration task.
- Users cannot import Outlook PST file that has 300 or greater than nested folders.
In this article, we have discussed two manual approaches that can import PST files to Office 365 mailbox. Due to the limitations of the Network Upload and Drive Shipping method, we also discussed an automated solution.
It overcomes all the downsides of manual approaches and imports Outlook PST into Office 365 in the minimum time of utilization.
You can first try the free demo version of the tool which allows you to import 25 items per folder from a PST file into Office 365 OWA.