How to Extract Selected Text from PDF? Best Techniques
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: September 10, 2021 | PDF File
Want to know multiple solutions to extract selected text from PDF? Yes, then no need to worry. Here, we are going to discuss about multiple methods to extract text from PDF documents. As we all know that creating PDF files are the most common and best way to share documents. Still, sometimes we need to extract images, text, etc. from the PDF files. So, stay connected to this blog till the end to know the methods.
Table of Contents
1. Automated Tool to Extract Specific Text from PDF
2. Key Features of Automated Tool
3. Manual Approach to Extract text from PDF
a. Use Adobe Reader
b. Extract Specific Text from PDF using Google Chrome
c. Use Google Drive
Professional Tool to Extract Selected Text from PDF
Download Tool Purchase Now
Follow the procedure given below to extract specific text from PDF:-
- Download and Install the PDF Extractor Software
- Add the files from which you want to extract text by clicking on the “Add Files or Add Folder” option
- If you have added a wrong file, then click on the “Remove” button to delete the file from the software panel
- Here, select the item type as “Text”
- After that, apply the page settings to filter out the data
- At last, hit the “Extract” button
Key Features of Automated Tool
Here we are going to mention some of the advanced features of this PDF Extractor Tool:-
- Supports to extract data from multiple PDF files in bulk
- Provides multiple attachment filters to sort out the data
- Allows to extract data in individual and single folder
- Tool can easily extract images, attachments, texts etc.
- This software always maintains formatting
- Supports to extract data from restricted and password protected PDF files
- User can use the “Page Settings” feature to extract some selective data
Manually Extract Selected Text from PDF
We have discussed an automated approach to extract text from PDF in the above section, So, Let’s have a look at the Manual methods to extract specific text from PDF documents.
Extract Specific Text from PDF using Adobe Reader
- Firstly, open the PDF file using the Adobe Acrobat reader.
- Click on the “File Menu” option.
- After that, hit the “Export document to text” option.
- Change the name of the file and click on the “Save” button.
Use Google Chrome to Extract Selected Text from PDF
Go-through the process given below to extract text from PDF:-
- Do a right click on the PDF document, and open it using google chrome.
- Hit the “Print” icon.
- Choose any specific location by clicking on the “Change” option.
- At last, click on the “Save” button.
Tip:- This method can be only used the PDF file is not print restricted
Extract Selected Text from PDF using Google Drive
- First step to add the restricted PDF file to the Google drive.
- After uploading the PDF file, Open the PDF file with Google Docs by doing a right click on the file.
- Here, select all the specific text from PDF file and copy it by pressing the “Ctrl + C” keys together.
- At last, paste the copied text in any text or document file.
These are the manual methods to extract text from PDF file.
In the above write-up, we have mentioned about the multiple techniques to extract selected text from PDF files. Users can use the manual methods to extract text from PDF. But, these manual methods are not safe and secure to use. So, we suggest using the PDF Extractor Automated Tool. Because it is user-friendly and safe to use.