Export Domino Mail to PST | An A to Z Guide
Domino is basically an IBM server application that runs on Lotus Notes Server and is widely used by numerous organizations and business professionals. Basically, it helps users to add structural and data components to the database and share their email with any application.
Now, if you are seeking a way to export Domino Mail to PST format so that you can easily open Lotus Notes mail to Outlook, then here in this blog we are going to discuss the techniques to export HCL Notes emails to Outlook. But before going toward the solution lets have look at why users export Lotus Notes Domino to PST
The Main Reasons to Export Lotus Notes Domino To Outlook PST Format
- The first and very important reason is that Microsoft Outlook offers amazing features as compared to Lotus Notes. There is no technical knowledge needed to use the Outlook program.
- Another key reason for migrating from Domino mail to PST is that Outlook requires fewer maintenance charges than Domino Server
- Also, Outlook is an integrated application and comes with Microsoft Office Suite while Lotus Notes is a standalone application
- In Outlook users can configure multiple accounts simultaneously.
- The biggest advantage of using Outlook is that it provides offline accessibility of mailboxes but LotusNotes does not.
How to Export Domino Mail to PST
Let start the blog with a manual procedure!
How to Export Lotus Notes Mail to Outlook PST Manually
The manual process is divided into two steps, so in the first step, you have to export the Lotus Notes mail to CSV format. And in the second step, you have to import the exported CSV to Outlook.
#Step 1: Export Lotus Notes Mail to CSV Format
First, open your IBM Notes application
Now, click on the File option, and then click Export
After that choose the location where you want to save your CSV file
Now, choose the Save as type (Comma Separated Value) and click on the Save button to save it
#Step 2: Import Resutent CSV to Outlook
Open Outlook program and click on the File Option
Now, select Open & Export option
After that, choose Import/Export option
From Import and Export Wizard choose Import from another program or file option, and click on the Next button
Now, from Import a File box select the Comma Separated Values option and click on the Next button
Browse the resultant CSV file and select Finish when the import process gets completed
Limitation of the Manua Method
The manual process can be long-winded for non-technical users because it contains lots of steps.
For non-technical users, it may require technical assistance to perform the procedure.
Using the manual method users cannot export multiple NSF files to a single PST
Best Approch to Export Domino Mail to PST
Well, we see that the manual method has its own set of limitations. And limitation always becomes huddle in the task so to full fill all the limitations here in this section we are going to introduce you to the best and easiest way to export HCL Notes mail to Outlook.
Download Now Purchase Now
NSF to PST Converter is the tool that gives you the option to export Lotus Notes Mail to Outlook PST. In fact, this tool not only provides amazing conversion functionality but provides numerous advantages over other software by providing dynamic advanced settings and lifetime technical support. Here are its major features that benefit users directly.
Step to Export Domino Mail to PST
Download and launch the tool on your system
Once the tool is opened click on the browse button to add the files
Now, select the Categories option
At last click on the Export button to start the task
Also Read: How to Import Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook
Prominent Features of the Tool
- Capable to export all data such as Emails, Calendars, Tasks, Notes, Journals, and Contacts to PST
- Facilitated option to export desired folder or selected mailbox objects
- An advance option to maintains emails Internet Header, HTML Formatting, and Doclinks
- Facility to convert Canonical Name into simple SMTP format.
- Support all version of Lotus Notes and Windows Operating systems
Well, there are lots of users searching for a way to export Domino Mail to PST due to various reasons. So considering the reasons here in this blog we have discussed two best approaches to export Lotus Notes email to PST format. Now, it is up to you to choose the right method for you. But if you want a quick and secure way to complete the task, then go for the automated method because, in the automated method, you don’t have to worry about any kind of data loss or manipulation.