Solved: How to Export contacts from Mac Outlook 2011 to CSV file? Read this
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: June 4, 2020 | Gmail, MS Outlook
Mac Outlook used to store data items like contacts, calendars, emails into OLM file format. Whereas, it consists of important information like address or phone number which end-user never want to lose them at all.
Also Read: Complete Solution to Export Outlook Mac 2011 to MBOX!
Although, when users want to export their data from Mac Outlook to another platform like Windows Outlook, MS Excel, Gmail, etc. the Migration of OLM contacts from Mac Outlook file may be quite difficult directly to import it into another platform.
That’s why in this article we are going to discuss some transmission procedure to understand the way to export contacts from Mac Outlook 2011 to CSV.
For better results let’s have a quick look user query below.
“Since while working on Mac Outlook for a long time. Now I have decided to import my contacts to my Gmail account. I was unable to find any suitable method to overcome my problem. Hence, I want a relevant procedure to export OLM files to Gmail.”
Instructions to Export Contacts from Outlook Mac 2011
There was not any direct method of export contacts from Mac Outlook 2011 to CSV. Further, we have some quick working instructions to export OLM contacts to CSV file and after it, import CSV (Comma Separated Value file) into Gmail contacts.
Below are some suitable instructions to export contacts from Outlook Mac 2011 to Gmail.
Manual Method to Export Mac Outlook Contacts to TXT file format
For converting OLM contacts to TXT file format you should go through the given procedure below:
- Open Microsoft Outlook in your Mac machine
- Go-to the File menu and then select the Export option
- The export window will appear on your screen
- Select the Contacts to the list options
- Now, browse the destination folder to save the resultant file
- After clicking on the Save button the conformation message for import will popup.
Convert Text file to CSV Format
As we know that Gmail cannot support .txt file which contains all contacts created by Mac Outlook 2011 and before import it to the Gmail account user wants to export it to a .csv file.
Go through the following steps to export contacts from Outlook 2011 to Gmail:
- Open TXT file into MS Excel
- Now, go to the File menu and select Save as an option to export contacts to Gmail.
- Choose the MS-DOS Comma Separated (.csv) file format from the list of different file formatting appear on the screen
Wait for a while, once it saves the file in a .csv format at your specified location.
Manually Import CSV file to Gmail Contacts
Follow the step-by-step process to import Outlook OLM contacts to the Gmail account
- Open the Gmail login page and submit the given information
- Afterward, navigate to the Contacts option inside Gmail on the left side of the window
- Select more and choose the Import option
- Pick an option of CSV or vCard file from the list and click on the Next button
- Select the exported CSV file then hit the import option
The process of importing CSV files to Gmail contacts will be started. Here exporting of Mac Outlook contacts to Gmail can be successfully done and the OLM contacts could appear in the imported folder.
Expert Method to Export Contacts from Mac Outlook 2011 to CSV file
Download Now Buy Software
Users can also use a third-party tool in case any above process will not work. It is structured in such a manner to convert Mac Outlook 2011 OLM files to CSV format in a very effective way. Afterward, the user can directly import the CSV file into Gmail account. Some additional feature of this automated tool is described below.
Features of Automated Tool
- Export emails, contacts, calendars into 8+ file format
- Convert multiple Mac Outlook contacts from OLM file
- Permits to export selective data using the date filter option
- Authorize to preview the OLM file before conversion
- Support all the latest version of Windows OS
Also Read: Export Mac Outlook Calendar to ICS file! Read this.
Contacts contain very sensitive information and it is very difficult to export contacts from Mac Outlook 2011 to CSV file format. In this write-up, we have gone through the easiest way of export Mac Outlook 2011 contacts to the Gmail account. If the user wants to switch on different platforms like a web-based client or any other CSV supported email client then, they can use this third-party tool.