Steps to Import OLM File into Windows Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
Do you want to know how to import OLM files into Windows Outlook? In that case, you are not alone as many Mac Outlook users look for the answer to this question. Microsoft Outlook is a cross-platform email client that provides service to both Windows and Mac OS users. However, there is often the necessity of migrating Outlook for Mac OLM files into Windows Outlook file.
The reasons for the requirement are various but the solution is the same. In this write-up, we will discuss the solution to import OLM files to Outlook for Windows OS. Users can apply the manual method to import Outlook data files to Outlook 2019, or they can use a professional way to import OLM files to Windows Outlook. Let’s move on starting with the reasons behind the migration process.
Import OLM File into Windows Outlook is the Two-Step Process:
- First convert completed data from OLM file, like Emails, Contacts, Attachments, Calendars, etc. to Outlook supported PST file format. Know the Steps
- Then, import that Windows Outlook file into your Microsoft Outlook. Know the Steps
In the below section both the methods are explained.
Read this:- Import OLM to Thunderbird Windows
Reasons to Import OLM to Windows Outlook 2019, 2016
OLM to MS Outlook 2019, 2016 for Windows basically means conversion from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook. The reasons for this migration are enlisted here:
- OLM file sharing is a more complicated and time-taking process than the Windows Outlook file.
- Outlook for Mac offers no shortcuts like the ones available in Windows Outlook.
- Mac OS has a complex user interface and difficult commands.
Step 1: – Convert Outlook OLM File to Windows Outlook File Format
Now, we will have a look at the manual method of exporting OLM files to Windows Outlook. Through this technique, Mac Outlook OLM files can be migrated into Outlook for Windows. Here is the step-by-step guide to importing Mac Outlook OLM files into Windows Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
It Can Be Done Via Software or Manual Method
Know the Steps to convert Outlook olm file to Windows Outlook Using Software (100% Secure) or you can also perform the manual method. This guide will help you to import olm into Outlook windows application easily.
Note:- Always remember to take the backup of your data before proceeding with any conversion/ migration process.
Use Software to Import OLM File to Windows Outlook Supported File
The manual method to import OLM files to Outlook 2016, 2019, and the below versions has many limitations. Some of them are listed above. So, to overcome this trouble, the users can opt for this trusted and secure OLM to PST Converter. The tool will help the user to transfer complete emails, contacts, and calendars from Mac Outlook OLM files into Outlook for Windows. It supports exporting files in multiple file formats like MBOX, MSG, and EML, The utility is safe and secure to use.
You need to just download and install it on your machine. After that, the software will complete instructions in a simple GUI. This automated solution is easy to import a .olm file into Outlook for Windows from Outlook for Mac.
Steps to Open OLM File on Windows Outlook
1. Firstly, download free demo software or purchase the full version on your PC
2. Launch the software on your system and click on the Add file button.
3. Then, browse OLM File and Preview complete data (Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Attachments, etc.)
4. After that, select Folder and click on the Export button from the software menu bar.
5. At last, select the PST radio button and provide the path to save exported data. After that click on the Export button. After completion of this process, you will get a healthy PST file.
Note: – Now you have a Windows Outlook file, move to the second part of this Import OLM to MS Outlook process.
Importing OLM File into Outlook by Manual Method
In the below section we will discuss some manual processes to overcome this issue. But remember that manual methods have some limitations.
Creating IMAP Account by Gmail Account
- Open your Gmail account and click on the gear icon to go to the Settings option.
- Click on the tab “Forwarding and POP/ IMAP”
- Check the status of IMAP Access. If disabled, make it enable.
Configure Gmail IMAP Account in Mac Outlook
- Launch Mac Outlook. Click on Menu >> Tools >> Accounts.
- Select Email Enter mandatory information including email id and password of an IMAP account.
- Click on Add Account. IMAP account will be configured in Mac Outlook.
Creating Gmail Label to Import Complete Data
- Log in to your Gmail account and go to Settings>> Labels.
- Click on Create New Label button in order to create a new label in Gmail.
- Now, go to Outlook again and click Send/ Receive button to update your IMAP account.
Move Outlook for Mac Emails to IMAP Mailbox
- Open Outlook for Mac.
- Find the mailbox you want to import to Windows Outlook and right-click it. Now click on Move >> Copy to Folder.
- At this stage, write the IMAP folder name and click Copy.
- Click Send/Receive and the Mac Outlook IMAP folder will be updated.
At this stage, all copied Mac Outlook emails have been transferred to the IMAP mailbox folder. To move these emails to Windows Outlook, configure the same IMAP account in Windows MS Outlook. After that, simply drag the IMAP mailbox folder to the Windows Outlook Inbox folder. Thus Mac Outlook emails will be imported into Windows Outlook.
Limitations of Manual Method to Import OLM File into Windows Outlook
There are multiple limitations of this manual method to import OLM files to Outlook for Windows. The shortcomings of this method are:
- The manual method takes a lot of time to be done completely.
- Users have to be technically sound to perform the procedure.
- Does not guarantee 100% conversion of OLM to Windows Outlook.
- The chances of data loss are high during the execution of this technique.
Steps to Import PST File into Your Outlook Application
In this above section, you come to know how can you make OLM files compatible with Microsoft Outlook. Now perform the below steps:
Step 1: – Launch Microsoft Outlook on your computer system and click on File >> Open & Export >> Open Outlook Data File.
Step 2: – Navigate to the location and select the Windows Outlook (PST)file (created above). After completing the process you can view the complete data.
Note: – Here Import OLM to Outlook process has been completed. You can apply this process for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and below versions.
This post addresses the much-asked question of how to import OLM files into Windows Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and below versions. For the benefit of the users, we have explained the technique to import a .olm file into Outlook for windows from Outlook for Mac. Users can perform this method by following the instruction given in this post. However, they must consider the drawbacks before performing the manual method.
Import OLM to Outlook (User’s FAQ)
Yes, the complete guide for importing OLM to Outlook for Windows is explained in this post. Simply perform the steps.
Yes, the methods explained in this post, are verified by experts and suggested to perform in need to import OLM to Outlook.
Yes, In this case, use software and easily import OLM to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.