Unable to Add Watermark in PDF (Fixed) – Know How to Add Watermark in PDF
Published: November 20, 2018 | PDF File
Adding watermark in PDF file is the way to sign a PDF document. A digitally signed document cannot be used without taking permission from the owner. But there are multiple issues due to which user unable to add watermark in PDF document. So, in below section, you will find 3 best ways to add watermark in the PDF file.
The watermark can be an image, text, logo, signature or any specific thing. As we all know that the PDF is used as portable documents. A digitally signed document authenticate the receiver that the documents are not tempered during transmission. So, without wasting time let’s understand why user unable to add watermark in PDF document. After that, we will move to the solution part for How to add watermark in PDF file.
Unable to Add Watermark in PDF – Why?
If you are unable to add watermark in .pdf document then there are mainly two possible reasons either PDF file is subjected to Owner level restriction or User restriction.
- Owner Level Restriction: – The PDF document is subjected to owner level restriction. It means that you cannot edit, modify or add anything to the document. For this first remove the restriction and then add watermark in PDF file.
- User Level Restriction: – It implies a password, which is required to open the .pdf file. If you don’t have the password. Then you cannot add watermark to the particular .pdf document.
Note: – Find the best way to fix the issue PDF is password protected and cannot be exported issue. The complete and step by step guide explained.
How to Add Watermark in PDF Documents Easily
There are multiple ways to add watermark in .pdf file. The best 3 methods are explained here:
- Free Software to add watermark in PDF file without losing quality
- Add Watermark to PDF Using Microsoft Word
- Steps to Add Watermark to PDF Using Adobe Acrobat XI
Method 1: – Add Watermark in PDF File Using Free Software
If you have a healthy PDF file and not subject to any restriction and you are unable to add watermark in PDF without losing quality. Then follow the steps listed below:
- Download and Install the Software on Windows Machine
Download Free PDF Watermark
100% Safe and Secured
- Hit on Watermark button from the menu bar
- Now select watermark type, either Text Watermark or Image Watermark
- After that brows file or folder by using Add File(s) or Add Folder button respectively.
- Provide Watermark image or text and also apply various advance features like color, position, size etc.
- At the end hit on Generate button and after that save resultant file.
Method 2: – Add Watermark to PDF Using Microsoft Word
Follow the steps listed below and add watermark in PDF document using Microsoft Word :
- First, take backup of the entire document in which you want to add watermark.
- Now open a Microsoft Word and go to Page Layout from menu bar.
- From page background section hit on Watermark option.
- Now it will show default watermark, you can customize as well.
- Here you will find three option No Watermark, Image Watermark, and Text Watermark. Select one which you want to add.
- Now the watermark added to the blank page. Simply copy the content from your document and past.
Note: – If your document having owner resection and you have to first Unlock the PDF file and then add watermark.
Method 3: – Steps to Add Watermark to PDF Using Adobe Acrobat XI
Perform the steps listed below and add watermark in PDF file without losing data:
- Download and Install The Adobe Acrobat XI
- First hit on Tools and then Page
- Now choose Edit Page Design, after that hit Watermark and Add Watermark
- Change watermark setting if required
- At the end hit on Appearance and check the checkbox on the pop-up window.
The all above-mentioned methods to add watermark in PDF file is the solution of your query Unable to add watermark in PDF file. If you want to add watermark in PDF without losing the quality of the document. Then try the steps listed in method 1.