Save IMAP Emails Locally Using Verified Backup Solutions
Table of Content
As everyone knows the importance of email communications in our day-to-day activities. They carry sensitive information thus it can’t be blindly shared with anyone. Since emails, especially IMAP emails, involve servers for email communication, they are more vulnerable to email breaches. However, if you backup IMAP emails locally then the risk of losing important emails will significantly reduce. Because you’ll have an extra copy of sensitive emails. Besides there are other advantages as well for keeping IMAP emails on your PC or computer hard drive.
Why Backup IMAP Emails Locally on a Computer?
If you are using an email client with IMAP configuration then you already know that without an internet connection, you won’t be able to open a single mail. However, once you save your emails on your system, then you can access them offline without any trouble.
Secondly, since IMAP emails involve servers, the chances of getting hacked are high. So, why stay in fear of cyber attacks when you can keep IMAP emails on computer as a backup?
Besides, when you save IMAP emails locally on your hard drive, email management also becomes easy.
If you see it from a compliance point of view then having an extra copy of all important IMAP emails can be helpful in case of any uncertainties.
Now, let’s move on to the methods through which you can backup your IMAP emails.
Keep IMAP Emails on Computer using Manual Solution
Frankly, there is no direct way to take the backup. However, you can take the help of a desktop-based email client such as Outlook. You can configure your IMAP account in this email platform and then save IMAP emails locally by following the below points. This method will export emails in PST file format.
The steps are:
- Open the Outlook application on your device and Go to File.
- After that click on Open & Export then further click on Import/Export.
- In the next window, click on Export to a File then choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Now to save IMAP emails locally, choose the folder of your choice containing emails and select Next.
- Then, Browse the location where you want to save your emails and lastly click on Finish.
This method applies to Windows users. If you’re a Mac user then you need to follow the alternative method explained in the next section.
Perfect Solution to Save IMAP Emails Locally on Mac
If you are looking for a trouble-free and useful technique to perform this operation without causing a delay in the download. Then, go for the IMAP Email Backup Software for Mac OS machines of prior versions and the latest versions up till Mac OS 11 & above.
If you want a selective email export, you can use the filter to save data per a certain time zone. Be tension-free for your emails and the attachments integrated with them. With the help of this software, all the emails are kept safe while saving them on your PC.
Before learning the features that make this tool an advanced solution, let’s understand the detailed steps for saving your emails.
Save IMAP Emails Locally using Step by Step Procedure
1. Download and run this tool on your computer and select the domain from the given list. Fill in the Email Address and Password fields and hit Login.
2. From the Select Export Type fields, you need to choose the format of your choice to export your data in. After that, go to the Advance Settings button.
3. Selectively choose a Naming Convention pattern and set the dates in Date-Filter. Press the Save button to proceed further to backup IMAP emails locally.
4. After that, you can check the boxes beside Maintain Folder Hierarchy option and the Delete after Download option as per requirements.
5. Pick a destination path for the end resultant files by choosing the Change button to Save IMAP emails locally.
6. In the last step, you have to just click on the Start Backup button and the process will start.
Now, let’s move to the features of this software.
Impeccable Features of the Software
1. Multiple File Formats: The tool allows you to export your data directly from your mailbox just by entering the correct login information. Then you can select the data files and choose the file type from multiple formats provided i.e. PST, PDF, MSG, TXT, EML, EMLX, MBOX, HTML, etc.
2. Selective Data Transfer: If you need to backup IMAP emails locally from a specific time, you are allowed to do so by using the Date-Filter feature of this tool. Set the dates in the “from” and “to” fields for directing the tool to export the data only from the chosen time zone.
3. Free Up Server Space: In case you want to get some space in your account server for more emails to be received, the tool permits you to use the Delete after Download feature. Applying this feature, you can delete the emails that you have exported from the server.
4. Folder Structure Maintenance: When you start the process to save IMAP emails locally using the tool, you can mark the Maintain Folder Hierarchy feature. It will keep the data integrity intact and the folder hierarchy the same as before the backup process.
5. Different Naming Patterns: While saving the data, you can choose various naming patterns from the Naming Convention field. You have the option to save your data by the names like Subject, Subject + Date, From + Subject + Date, etc.
6. Newly Received Data: This is an amazing feature that can download only the newly arrived files using the Incremental Backup feature. It means when you are trying to backup IMAP emails locally, you can easily scan your mailbox again to check if any new email has been received. If and when found, the tool will save only those emails..
Customer 1 – This tool is the best one in the market and I would recommend it to all the IMAP users who are having trouble saving emails on their local machine. The software has such a user-friendly interface that even a non-techie like me could easily understand its steps.
Customer 2 – If you want to save IMAP emails locally, this is the only solution you require. The features that the tool offers, the swift working, and the satisfying results make it the best software to keep imap emails on computer. Such a fantastic tool for troubled and novice users.
Customer 3 – I have worked with many tools but this one is the best. The user-friendly interface of this software is just incredible. It is a 100% recommendation from my side.
Sometimes users find it difficult to manage their data on their IMAP server cloud mail. Looking at the vulnerability of IMAP protocol, it is essential to keep the data files stored in your local storage.
There are many techniques to execute this task but we have explained the best one for all IMAP users. Follow the quick steps to save IMAP emails locally in desired file format.
Q. Can I save any new emails that I receive while making a backup on a Mac?
Yes. You may quickly store the most recent IMAP emails on your Mac device by using the aforementioned software and the Incremental backup option.
Q. Why should IMAP emails be saved locally?
The primary reasons to save IMAP emails locally are listed below.
- Offline Access: If you keep a backup copy of your emails close at hand, you can access them even if you aren’t online.
- Backup: You can protect yourself from remote server failures by storing emails locally. Additionally, it will act as a backup in case you unintentionally erase messages.
- Through archiving, you will always have quick and simple access to your crucial emails.
- Privacy: Maintaining private emails offline improves your security and privacy.
Q. Will saving my emails locally remove them from the server?
It certainly is not. When you take a backup, IMAP keeps both on the server and on your local device until and unless you have selected an option to Delete after the Download.