Import EML to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 Manually
Microsoft Outlook provides import & export option for PST file format only. So, no direct solution available to import EML files. In this writeup, I will expalin how can you import EML files into Outlook? Simply read the complete article and know the solution.
Microsoft Outlook is an email client that provides useful email services to its global users. At the same time, it stores the complete email data into the system of the user. Due to the security of data, Most of the users are turning into Outlook every day. Now, if users want to move data to Outlook from other email clients, they have to perform data conversion. One easy way to migrate EML file data into Outlook supported file format.
Here, I will explain the verified methods to import EML files to Outlook from different email clients. Continue reading to know the import process in Microsoft Outlook from different email clients of Windows and Mac OS. First of all, we will learn the importance of data conversion.
Also read: Convert EML to MSG format
Reasons for EML to Outlook Migration
The popularity of Outlook is beyond any doubt, and the popularity is increasing day by day. Among the people who are becoming clients of Outlook, many are switching it from other email clients. These people also need to export data from their previous emails.
EML is a common format that’s supported by multiple email clients. For users who are aware of the techniques of importing EML files into Outlook, it will solve the issue of exporting data from different email clients into MS Outlook. So, without killing our precious time let’s understand the solution for how to import EML to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 versions.
Methods to Import EML Files to Outlook
For this discussion, we have chosen 5 Windows and Mac OS, compatible email clients. To transfer EML to Outlook, users have to export the data in EML format at first. Then, they have to import them into MS Outlook.
Since the methods of exporting emails in EML format vary depending on the email client, we will show you how to export EML data out of those email clients. Later, we will discuss the process of importing EML files into MS Outlook.
- Migrate Orphan EML Files into Microsoft Outlook Manually
- Import EML Files to Outlook Automatically Using Software
Note: If you have .eml files then move the import process directly. If you are using any email client then first create EML files using Export feature of that perticular email application.
1. Export Outlook Express Emails to EML File Format
Outlook Express is a discontinued email client. Its data can be transferred into MS Outlook 2016 and other versions by exporting the data in EML format.
- Open Outlook Express Email.
- Enable offline mode by clicking on File>> Offline.
- Select the folder you want to export.
- Now, choose the email you want to extract. To select all messages, select one message first, and then click on Edit>> Select All.
- The forward button will be visible and you have to click on that.
- All the selected messages will become attachments of a newly created email. Add some description of the attached emails.
- Now click on File>> Save As in a folder of your chosen location. This file will be saved in EML format.
- Close the message in Outlook Express without saving it.
Now, you have EML files which you can import into Outlook, follow the working steps.
2. Steps to Export IncrediMail Messages to EML Files Format
IncrediMail also supports saving its email in EML file format for easy Outlook migration.
- Open IncrediMail on the system.
- Select the email you wish to migrate.
- Click on File>> Save as.
- Save the email on your desktop. You will see that the email has been saved in EML format.
Note: – Now you have saved emails in EML file format, move to the second part to import these emails files into Outlook.
3. Save eM Client Email Messages into EML File Format
- Open eM Client and click on the File option from the menu.
- Choose Export from the list of options.
- Now, select the option Export to .eml files. Click on the Next button.
- At this stage, select the folders from which you have to export the data into EML format. Click Next.
- Hit on the Browse button to choose the destination folder of the EML files.
- Click on the Finish button to complete the process.
Note: – you have successfully created EML files. Now lets move to second part i.t. import EML to Outlook.
4. Export Mozilla Thunderbird Emails to EML Format
In order to extract Thunderbird data in EML format, the ImportExportTools add-on has to be installed in your Thunderbird. If it is absent, download it by opening Thunderbird and clicking on Tools>> Add-Ons. Then select the Extensions tab and search for the add-on and download it.
- Launch Thunderbird.
- Hit on File>> Offline>> Work Offline.
- Click on the Download Now button to update all the folders.
- Navigate to the main window of Thunderbird.
- Now, select the folder whose data you wish to save in EML files. Press CTRL to select multiple folders at once.
- Right-click on the folder and hover the cursor over ImportExportTools option>> Export all messages in the folder. Then, click on the EML format.
Note: – Users have to select the sub-folders separately to export data located in sub-folders.
- Now, users have to select a destination folder to save these EML files.
- Click on OK on the message that will prompt you to confirm your command.
Note: – Now you have EML files created from Thunderbird. Just follow the steps and upload all EML files into Outlook in single go.
5. Export Apple Mail Emails into EML Format
Email of Mac-supported Apple Mail can also be exported in EML files and then transferred into a Windows system to open in Outlook.
- Open Apple Mail on a Mac machine.
- Select the email you wish to transfer.
- Drag that email and drop it on Finder.
- That Apple Mail email will get saved in EML format.
- Transfer EML file to the Windows system and drag and drop it in Outlook.
Note: – All you have done above, just to create .eml files of your all emails from different email clients. Now its time to know the process to load EML to Outlook.
Method 1: Import Orphan EML Files into Outlook Manually
If the users have a bunch of orphan EML files, they can take to help of Windows Live Mail to export that data directly into MS Outlook. Follow these steps to conduct that data export.
- Initially, Open the folder that contains EML files.
- Open Windows Live Mail. Here, create a new folder.
- Resize these two windows so that both share the screen at the same time.
- Now drag & drop the .eml files one by one from the Explorer window into the newly created folder of Windows Live Mail.
- When the data export process is done, click on File >> Export email >> Email messages.
- Select Microsoft Outlook>> desired Outlook profile>> OK. Soon, Outlook will open in the background.
- On the next dialog box, choose the Windows Live Mail folder that contains all the EML files.
- Click OK. When the export is done, click Finish.
Method 2: Import EML Files to Outlook Automatically
The techniques shared here are manual methods to transfer EML files into Outlook. Therefore, these methods may malfunction at any time. In case these approaches do not work and users are looking for an easier method, they can go for EML to PST Converter for Windows.
The application will make EML Files in Outlook-supported PST format. Later users can seamlessly import the PST file in Outlook. Apple Mail users can take the help of Mac EML Converter for the same conversion process.
Steps to Import EML to Outlook
- Firstly, Download and Install the software on your Windows computer system.
- Then, Browse the EML file into the software panel and preview complete data into different view modes.
- After that, Select the PST radio button and browse the location to save exported files. At last click on the Export button.
- Finally, Now open Microsoft Outlook and use the import/export wizard. Import exported files into Outlook.
By reading this post, users learned ways to import EML files to Outlook. Manual techniques of transferring EML files into Microsoft Outlook created in 5 email clients into MS Outlook have also been depicted here.
The approach to import orphan EML files to Outlook has also been discussed. For situations, when these methods do not work or users look for an easier and better way to export data, two robust applications got introduced.
Since these programs are chosen by professionals, users can opt for them without any worry. Now your query on how to import EML to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. has been solved.