How to Download Rackspace Email? – A 101 Guide to Export Emails
Are you searching for several methods to download Rackspace emails? But not getting the correct guide! Worry not, we have covered the same for you. Here, In this blog, we will discuss comprehensive methods to curtail the problem. This blog will be further sub-categorized into two sections: Manual and professional method.
Rackspace email is a well-known email hosting platform for individuals and businesses. Further, it provides reliable and secure email solutions. It is an inexpensive, business-class webmail service that can be accessed from any corner of the world. Besides this, it offers a variety of cloud computing services such as Rackspace webmail.
Especially for small and medium businesses, Rackspace email has been a worth considering option. It is because it provides free and simple migrations, premium anti-spam, and anti-virus protection. In addition to it, it provides support 24 x 7 hours. Now, before digging deep into the reasons for the download.
Significant Reasons to Download Rackspace Email
Email is a crucial aspect of any organization. As it helps businesses and individuals to run their operations smoothly & steadily. Moreover, it is used to establish a formal way of communication. In this regard, Rackspace technology offers a professional webmail hosting experience for businesses and stores. In such services, there are various potential risks involved. Let’s analyze it through the following:
- Data Backup and Security: By Rackspace download all emails, you can ensure a system backup of your critical data. By doing this, you can be saved from accidental deletions, server outages, or data breaches. Further, backup allows you to take more control over data security and availability.
- Offline Access: When you download your emails, it allows you to access messages and attachments without an internet connection. Additionally, it is very nifty during internet disruptions or traveling. Also, this helps you to remain productive irrespective of your online status.
- Storage Management: Rackspace email servers have limited storage. And if the allocated space is dried up, you have to delete emails to make new space. Thus, to save from such conditions, it is better to download Rackspace emails. By this method, you can avoid additional costs to purchase storage space.
- Faster Search and Retrieval: Locally stored emails can be searched and accessed easily. This approach is quite faster than server-based searches. Hence, to improve productivity and speed up the search results, you can rely on Rackspace download all emails.
- Platform Independence: By downloading Rackspace emails, you can access emails from various email clients. As a result, this provides you the flexibility to choose the email application that fits your needs.
Moving to the methods!
Quick Steps to Download Rackspace Emails
Step 1. Download the below tool.
Step 2. Select the file format of your choice.
Step 3. Choose the destination path where you want to save your Rackspace emails.
Step 4. Finally, click the start button.
Manual Approach for Rackspace Download All Emails
This method entirely uses the Rackspace web application for all primary operations. It is worth considering if you are having fewer emails to download. Follow the steps given below to save the emails. But getting into make sure that you have Archive Portal access.
#1: Fill the required credentials and sign in to the Archive Manager.
#2: Now, click on Searches entitled on the left side of the Dashboard.
#3: Here, locate the search name that you have searched to download. Then, click on Run.
#4: After that, mark the checkbox to download Rackspace email. Next, click on the Export button.
#5: Then, a window will show up. Henceforth, click on Next to confirm the total number of emails you want to download.
#6: Choose the file format as PST.
#7: Give an Export name. Then, check the box to receive the email notification once the download is ready.
#8: After this, click on Request Export.
#9: Tap on the Exports tab to execute the process.
#10: Lastly, click on the Download button.
Shortcomings to the Manual Method
Let’s find out some of the limitations of the manual path:
- The process is tedious and time-consuming. Any mistake during the process can lead to data loss.
- It is suitable for users with administration permission.
- You can export search results with a maximum of 20 GB size.
Automated Solution to Download Rackspace Email
No doubt, the manual method is simple. However, it has certain limitations that can be overcome in this section. For a hassle-free and varied flexibility experience, relying on a third-party tool can be viable. Thus, the apt answer to the question of how to download emails from Rackspace is the SoftwarePro IMAP Backup Tool. By utilizing this utility, you can effortlessly save Rackspace emails in various file formats such as .pdf, .eml., .mbox, etc.
Step 1: Run the application. Now, under the IMAP host domain choose the Other alternative. After that, fill in your credentials such as Email Address and Password. Then, press Login.
Note: This software supports different Export Types like PDF, MBOX, HTML, TXT, etc. But to concise our subject, we will focus on PST Export Type.
Step 2: Now, mark the radio button that signifies PST Export Type.
- Incremental Backup option: If you already have backed up your account, then go with this move.
- Delete After Download: This option deletes all the selected emails from the server after the completion of the procedure.
Step 3: To locate the location where you want to save the file, click on Change.
Step 4: At the end, press the “Start Backup” button.
Now, after going through the article you must have been cleared with the idea of “how to download Rackspace email?”. The above methods include two ways i.e. either manual or automated. As we know that the backup of data is crucial in various cases such as accidental deletion, data loss, or any condition. So, we recommended you to better go with the professionally designed tool to improvise your productivity and time.
Next Read: Backup Roundcube Emails – Updated Methods to Export All Emails
Q- After I download Rackspace email, can I delete them from the server?
Yes, the above-mentioned tool has the ‘Delete after Download’ feature you can choose to delete the emails after the download and free up the space.
Q- Can I use the tool for free?
Certainly. The tool comes with a demo version using which you can download 100 emails. If you have a large number of emails then it’s suggested to opt for the full version of the software.
Q- How much time it’s going to take to download all my emails from Rackspace?
Well, it entirely depends on the number of emails you want to download. However, if you are planning to go with the automated method then it’s definitely going to take less time as compared to the manual one