How to Convert Excel to VCF Without Software | A Free Method
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: February 22, 2021 | Excel
If you are here, then it is possible that you are looking for a method on how to convert Excel to VCF without software, then it time to rejoice. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss the best and free manual method to convert Excel contacts to vCard. So, stick with this blog to know the complete conversation.
Well, we know that Microsoft Excel is one of the most popular application tools to store large. Hence, many users use Excel sheets to save contact data because it saves in tabular form with specific fields. But there is one issue with Excel files is application dependent, which means you can only open it Microsoft Excel or other excel related application.
On the other hand, the vCard file format is universally accepted. It stores the complete information of a person his/her (First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Phone number, etc.) Also, the vCard file is supported by many email clients and can be used on mobile devices. So sharing this file is very handy.
How to Convert Excel to VCF Without Software – A Free Method
In this section, we will let you know how to convert contacts to vCard format without using any software. The conversion process is divided into three steps.
In the first step, the user needs to export the excel file in CSV file format. For the second step, the user needs to import the file and in the final step, these contacts are exported to vCard Format.
Follow the guidelines listed below to convert Excel to VCF without software
Step 1: Convert Excel File to CSV File Format
To convert excel file to vCard. The First step you need to do, convert your XLSX / XLS / XLSM file into CSV Format.
- Open the excel file which you want to change
- Click on top of the office button
- Select the option Save as
From the dialogue box change the file format and select the designation file
- Now, click on the ‘save button’ to finish this process
Step 2: Import Contacts from CSV file
Once the Excel file is converted into CSV format. The next step is to Import the contacts from that file format
- Click on the Start button and type Contacts in the Windows search bar
- Select the Contacts Tab from the displayed result
- Select the Import option listed on the top ribbon bar
- From the ‘Import to Windows contacts’ tab select the CSV file & click on the Import button.
- After that fill the file path or browse the file location & click on the Next button
- The last step is to click on the Finish button
Step 3: Export Excel Contacts to vCard Format
- Again move to the Contacts folder by searching “Contacts” on the window search bar.
- Now click on the ‘Export’ button & select the file format as vCards
- Simply, click on the Export button.
- Afterward, browse the destination location to save the vCard file
- Once it is done click on the OK button to convert Excel to VCF without software
Drawbacks of the Manual Method
By performing the above process user can easily convert Excel contacts to vCard. But it’s a time-consuming process you need to complete this process in three stages.
If you are looking for a convenient way to change the file format in a few clicks then you must try this automated tool. Which is capable to convert multiple excel contacts to the vCard file format.
Let’s explore more about this automated tool.
An Automated Way to Convert Contacts to vCard Format
Converting files to vCard is a straightforward process by using Excel Contacts Converter. This tool authorize you to convert contacts from XLS / XLSX / CSV file to PDF, HTML, vCard, TXT, MSG, PST.
Download Software Now
Buy Software Now
Users can convert the file in any format as per their need. The best part of this mechanized tool is that it automatically maps the Excel files with 100% integrity.
Moreover, you can convert multiple contacts at once to the selected formats and can be export all contacts in a single vCard. Users can download and ‘Run’ this software for free with access to the demo edition.
Convert Excel to VCF Using Software
1. First, download and ‘Run’ the program.
2. Click on the Browse option to add the file
3. Afterward, select the Export Options vCard & define the designation location
4. Define the Excel and Export field or else click on the Automap option
5. Once the mapping is done click on the Export
There are lots of users who looking for a free solution to convert Excel contacts files to VCF format. Therefore, here in this blog, we have discussed the best approach to convert Excel to VCF without software. In addition, we have also discussed the automated method for those who don’t want to perform the manual method.