How to Unhide Hidden Files in USB Caused by Virus – 7 Ways to Fix the Issue
Summary:- Today we are going to resolve the most ordinarily asked query such as how to unhide hidden files in USB caused by the virus. Mainly, USB flash drives, pen drives, memory cards, etc., are prominently used gadgets these days. Most users prefer this to store their personal data. But sometimes their data files are hidden in USB due to a virus attack.
In this circumstance, users find an appropriate method to show files hidden by viruses in USB drives. So, with the help of this write-up, we will let you know how to unhide hidden files in USB caused by viruses without any hindrance.
Table of Content:
- Methods to unhide files hidden by virus
- how to unhide hidden files in USB caused by virus using cmd
- Show Hidden Files in USB Windows 10
- Unhide files are hidden by virus Windows 10
- How to remove unhide files virus
- View Hidden Folders In Windows XP
- Unhide files are hidden by viruses in USB
- Show Hidden Files in USB Windows 7 & 10
- Special Tip & Trick Unhide Files in USB Caused By Virus Automatically
Unhide Files Hidden By Virus From USB
In this segment, you will get free solutions to fix how to unhide files hidden by viruses in usb, or pen drives. All 7 methods are discussed in an appropriate manner. You can follow any one of them as per your need to get a positive outcome.
Quick Steps for Getting Rid of Data Loss Situation
Data loss is a major problem. So, to avoid it one should have a trusted and secure recovery option.
Method #1 How to Unhide Hidden Files in USB Caused by Virus Using CMD
This approach is implemented with the help of the CMD command prompt. It is might be your foremost choice when you need to show hidden files on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, and 7. Simply follow the below-outlined steps to unhide files hidden by a virus to your memory card or flash drive using CMD.
- First of all, you require to plug in your USB to your local machine
- And then navigate to Start
- Type CMD in the search bar field
- Click on Enter to proceed forward
- Now, cmd.exe is displaying under the programs list
- Subsequently, you need to eight hits on this cmd. Exe
- Here, you find that the command permitting you to unhide hidden files
- Lastly, add in attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.* in it.
Method #2 How to Unhide Files Hidden by Virus Windows 10 By Using this Method
If you do not get a satisfactory output using the above-stated steps. So, you can try this one to execute the procedure to show hidden files affected by viruses.
- Initially, go to Start and then navigate to All Programs>>Accessories
- Then, click on the Command Prompt
- In the new Windows OS version, you require to right-click
- Now, select the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option
- Hit on the Start button to begin the process
- Here, go to My Computer and then find Removable drive
- Type Drive Letter and click on Enter
- Now, you view a blinking line going down and showing a drive letter:\>
- Additionally, type in attrib command -s -h -r /s /d and press Enter key
- Navigate to drive
- At last, check whether you can see your hidden files or not.
Method #3 One More Method to Unhide Hidden Files in USB Caused by Virus
This approach to show hidden files on a USB flash drive is discussed in an efficient manner. A non-technical user can also perform it without any hassle.
- Initially, hit on Start after that click on the USB flash drive for opening
- Now, you have to click on Organize in that flash drive which is located at the top-left segment of the displayed wizard
- Now, choose the Folder and Search Options
- Then, select the View tab
- Subsequently, tick the option for Show Hidden files under the Hidden files and folders.
- Simply click on Apply
- Here, hit on OK
- Finally, you might view your hidden files are getting visible perfectly
Method #4 Permanently Unhide Hidden Data in USB Caused By Virus
Apart from the above-explained ways. This is one of them which is able to unhide hidden files in USB permanently. Have a look:
- When you are being able to view the hidden files using about-stated measures, then right-hit on the hidden file i.e., required to unhide permanently
- After that hit on the Properties option
- Now, uncheck the Hidden option
- Here, click on Apply
- Ultimately, click on OK finally to unhide needed files permanently
Method #5 How to View Hidden Folders in Windows XP
In this section, we will be going to explain the steps to access hidden files/folders in Windows XP. Basically, you need to follow all the measures properly to get better results.
- In the first step, you have to click on Start which is situated at the lower left screen segment
- Then, select Control Panel
- Now, hit on the Appearance and Themes option
- Here, navigate to the Tools>>Folder Options>>View
- After that, click on the option saying to show Hidden Files and Folders
- Hit a click on Apply option
- Finally, click on OK to finish the procedure properly
Method #6 Unhide Hiden Files of Windows Vista
Mainly, this solution is for users of Windows Vista. Those users who are working with this version of the Windows Operating System. Simply follow all the measures in a sequential way.
- Primarily, go to the Start
- And then, select the Control Panel
- Here, opt Classic View option
- Afterward, click on Folder Options
- Navigate to the View tab after that check the option to Show hidden files and folders
- Hit a click on Apply
- Simply click on OK to end up the process in an appropriate manner
Method #7 How to Show Hidden Files in USB Windows 7 & 10
This approach is performed by only those who are using Windows 7 & 10 Operating Systems. The method is discussed in a descriptive manner. You just require to follow all the measures adequately.
- At first, hit on Start from the lower-left pane
- Afterward, navigate to Control Panel
- Then, click on the Category button which is located on the right upper menu corner
- Select Small Icons from the drop-down menu
- Now, from the All Control Panel Items and then hit on Folder Options
- Choose the View tab after that enable the option to Show hidden files/folders and drives
- Here, click on Apply
- At last, click on the OK to end up the procedure
Special Tip for USB Users
While you are trying to execute the above-explained manual solutions to show hidden files in a USB flash drive. These solutions lead to data loss issues. So, you may lose your crucial data when you are utilizing these free solutions. If you already lose something and find an alternative to get that back. Do not worry! Sit back and take a deep breath.
Here, we come up with software to recover deleted Excel files from USB instantly. It is named a USB Drive Recovery Tool. With the help of this utility, a user can easily recover their deleted, formatted files and folders from USB caused by the virus. Moreover, this software provides the ultimate features and functionalities to the users. Thus, you must try this to remove folder.exe from pen drive.
Working Steps of This Application
- First of all download and launch the application on your Windows PC
- After that, the tool provides two modes of recovery Scan & formatted scan
- Then, preview your recovered data in the utility panel
- Finally, click on the save button to export your data to the desired destination
In this technological arena, most users are relying on USB flash drives to store their important data. Because this is handy and easily accessible anywhere without any hassle. But, sometimes the USB is getting highly affected by the virus and generates issues like users are getting unable to view their data files.
In this case, users find an effective solution to resolve the issue. So, the foremost thing to do is buy an anti-virus program and use it perfectly. If you are still not able to do so. Then, in this article, we have discussed the approaches to fix how to unhide hidden files in USB caused by viruses manually. Try these techniques hopefully, you may solve your issue efficiently.
Unhide Hidden Files in USB – FAQ
How do unhide hidden files in USB caused by viruses?
After reading this article users have multiple reliable solutions to unhide hidden files in USB caused by viruses.
Is it possible to show hidden files in USB Windows 7?
Yes, it is possible to show hidden files in USB Windows 7 using the above-mentioned manual solution. But keep one thing in mind. If you make a single mistake, your data will be permanently deleted.
If my data is permanently deleted from USB, is it recoverable or not?
Yes, by running the above software, users can recover permanently deleted files from USB drives. Remember one thing, do not save any new data on that drive, where your files were deleted. Because if your files get overwritten, no one will be able to recover them.
Yes, this software can restore data from dynamic disks.