How to Unhide Hidden Files in USB Caused by Virus – 7 Ways to Fix the Issue
Table of Content:
Today we are going to resolve the most ordinarily asked query such as how to unhide hidden files in USB caused by the virus? Mainly, USB flash drive, pen drives, memory cards etc., are prominently used gadgets these days. Most of the users are prefer this to store their personal data. But sometimes their data files hidden in USB due to virus attack. In this circumstance, they find an appropriate method to unhide file hidden by virus. So, with the help of this write-up, we are going to let you know, that how to show hidden files in USB windows 10 caused by the virus without any hindrance.
Unhide Files Hidden By Virus From USB
In this segment, you will get the free solutions to fix how to recover hidden files from virus infected USB pen drive. All the 7 methods are discussed in an appropriate manner. You can follow any one of them as per your need to get a positive outcome.
Method #1 Unhide Hidden Files in USB Caused by Virus by Using CMD Command Prompt
This approach is implemented with the help of the CMD command prompt. It is might be your foremost choice when you need to show hidden files windows 10. Simply follow the below-outlined steps to unhide files hidden by a virus to your memory card or flash drive using CMD.
- First of all, you require to plug in your USB to your local machine
- And then navigate to Start
- Type cmd in the search bar field
- Click on Enter to proceed forward
- Now, cmd.exe is displaying under the programs list
- Subsequently, you need to eight hit on this cmd. Exe
- Here, you find that the command permitting you to unhide hidden files
- Lastly, add in attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.* in it.
Method #2 Show Hidden Files in USB Windows 10 By Using this Method
If you do not get satisfactory output using the above-stated steps. So, you can try this one to execute the procedure to show hidden files in USB flash drive.
- Initially, go to Start and then navigate to All Programs>>Accessories
- Then, click on the Command Prompt
- In new Windows OS version, you require to right click
- Now, select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option
- Hit on the Start button to begin the process
- Here, go to My Computer and then find Removable drive
- Type Drive Letter and click on Enter
- Now, you view a blinking line going down and shows drive letter:\>
- Additionally, type in attrib command -s -h -r /s /d and press Enter key
- Navigate to drive
- At last, check whether you can see your hidden files or not.
Method #3 One More Method to Unhide Hidden Files in USB Caused by Virus
This approach to show hidden files in USB flash drive is discussed in an efficient manner. A non-technical user also performs it without any hassle.
- Initially, hit on Start after that click on USB flash drive for opening
- Now, you have to click on Organize in that flash drive which is located at the top-left segment of the displayed wizard
- Now, choose the Folder and Search Options
- Then, select the View tab
- Subsequently, tick the option for Show hidden files under the Hidden files and folders.
- Simply click on Apply
- Here, hit on OK
- Finally, you might view your hidden files are getting visible perfectly
Method #4 Permanently Unhide Hidden Data in USB Caused By Virus
Apart from the above-explained ways. This is one of them which is able to unhide hidden files in USB permanently. Have a look:
- When you are being able to view the hidden files using about-stated measures, then right-hit on the hidden file i.e., required to unhide permanently
- After that hit on Properties option
- Now, uncheck the Hidden option
- Here, click on Apply
- Ultimately, click on OK finally to unhide needed files permanently
Method #5 How To View Hidden Folders In Windows XP
In this section, we will be going to explain the steps to access hidden files/folders in Windows XP. Basically, you need to follow all the measures properly to get the better resultant.
- At first step, you have to click on Start which is situated at lower left screen segment
- Then, select Control Panel
- Now, hit on the Appearance and Themes option
- Here, navigate to the Tools>>Folder Options>>View
- After that, click on the option saying to show Hidden Files and Folders
- Hit a click on Apply option
- Finally, click on OK to finish the procedure properly
Method #6 Unhide Hiden files of Windows Vista
Mainly, this solution is for the users of Windows Vista. Those users who are working with this version of Windows Operating System. Simply follow all the measures in a sequential way.
- Primarily, go to the Start
- And then, select the Control Panel
- Here, opt Classic View option
- Afterward, click on Folder Options
- Navigate to the View tab after that check the option to Show hidden files and folders
- Hit a click on Apply
- Simply click on OK to end up the process in an appropriate manner
Method #7 How to Show Hidden Files in USB Windows 7 & 10
This approach is performed by only who are using Windows 7 & 10 Operating System. The method is discussed in a descriptive manner. You just require to follow all the measures adequately.
- At first, hit on Start from the lower left pane
- Afterward, navigate to Control Panel
- Then, click on the Category button which is located on right upper menu corner
- Select Small Icons from the drop-down menu
- Now, from the All Control Panel Items and then hit on Folder Options
- Choose the View tab after that enable the option for Show hidden files/folders and drives
- Here, click on Apply
- At last, click on the OK to end up the procedure
Special Tip & Trick Unhide Files in USB Caused By Virus
While you are trying to execute the above-explained manual solutions to show hidden files in USB flash drive. These solutions are lead to data loss issues. So, you may lose your crucial data when you are utilizing these free solutions. If you already lose something and find an alternative to get that back. Do not worry! Sit back and take a deep breath. Here, we come up with software to unhide hidden files in USB instantly. This is named as Pen Drive Recovery tool. With the help of this utility, a user can easily recover their deleted, formatted files and folders from USB caused by the virus. Moreover, this software provides ultimate features and functionalities to the users. Thus, you have to must try this to recover restore deleted, formatted and corrupted data from USB flash drive.
In this technological arena, most of the user are rely on the USB flash drives to store their important data. Because this is handy and easily accessible anywhere without any hassle. But, sometimes the USB is getting highly affected by the virus and generates issues like users are getting unable to view their data file. In this case, users find an effective solution to resolve the issue. So, the foremost thing to do is buy an anti-virus program and use it perfectly. If you are still not able to do so. Then, in this article, we have discussed the approaches to fix how to unhide hidden files in USB caused by virus manually. Try these techniques hope, you may solve your issue efficiently.