Print Outlook Emails in Chronological Order – Complete Guide
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: May 27, 2021 | MS Outlook
Normally, it has been seen that the emails in the Outlook application are in the order of latest to older emails. Whenever the need to take printout arises then it is always needed to convert the emails into PDF format and then take its printout.
When you think of taking the printout of Outlook emails at large, then it is always a better option to go for a professional automated tool.
Cases to Print Outlook Emails
- When Outlook is IMAP enabled then its files are saved as OST format in the default storage location. But you cannot print it, for this, The OST files can be saved in PDF format.
- When Outlook is POP enabled then its files are saved as PST format in the default storage location. But you cannot print it directly, The PST files can be saved in PDF format.
Let us discuss each of the automated tools in order to get them in PDF format for print.
Print Outlook Emails from IMAP Outlook
For printing emails from IMAP Outlook first, make email files printable. You can use a professional utility, understand some features:
- Save OST files into printable PDF format without any hassles.
- Multiple PDF files can be converted from OST files in few simple steps.
- Selective emails, contacts, calendars, etc. can be exported into PDF format
- Allows to quickly scan and preview the OST files before conversion
- Provides support to adjust page alignment
- No requirement for installing Adobe Acrobat software
- Allow users to use ‘Apply Date Filter’ for selecting emails of OST.
Steps to Make Outlook OST File Printable
Download Software Now
Windows OS Buy Software Now
- Download and Install Software on your computer. Click on ‘Add File’ under the File menu. ‘Add File’ window pops up where you can click on ‘Select File’.
- Browse the OST files by clicking on the ‘…’ button. Select the desired OST files and click on ‘Open’. The file path of the browsed file gets appears on the textbox next to the browser. Click on ‘Search Selected Drive’ and then choose the drive where you want to save the OST files. Click on ‘OK’ when the ‘Search successfully completed’ message appears. The software now displays the list of OST files stored in the selected drive. You can now see the storage path of the OST file.
- The OST files can be viewed in Normal Mail View, Hex, Properties, Message Header, MIME, HTML, RTF, and Attachments. Select the ‘Export’ button to convert all the OST files into PDF format.
- Choose the export type as ‘PDF’ and then click on ‘Advanced Settings’.
- In ‘General Settings’, under ‘Naming Convention’ choose the option as ‘Subject + Date (DD-MM-YYYY) + (HH-MM-SS). Such an option help to print OST files in chronological order. Select the category as ‘Mails’, choose the date range option, click on ‘Add’ and then mark on ‘Include Internet Message Header’ and finally click on the ‘Save’ button.
- In the page layout section, set the margin as ‘4’ in all the respective fields, choose paper layout as ‘Portrait’, page size as ‘A4’ and provide header and footer if needed.
- You can apply attachment settings in the way you want the attachment to be shown. The various options are Attachment on Pin, Append Attachment and Save Attachment.
- In the ‘Export Option’ window, browse for the destination location where the converted OST files will be exported. Then, click on the ‘Export’ button. Choose the destination folder to save the PDF format files. Then, click on the ‘OK’ button. The destination path will be reflected in the text box, check on ‘Maintain Folder Hierarchy’, ‘Don’t Export Empty Folder’, and click on the ‘Export’ button.
- Once the export process is completed then the export report would get generated which can be saved. Specify the location where the CSV file of export can be saved. Click on the ‘Save’ button. The generated CSV file will contain all the folders. It can be previewed from the destination location.
Now you have a PDF file that you can print. So, here IMAP Outlook email print process completed.
Print Outlook Emails from POP Outlook Application
Step by step guide to making POP Outlook email printable. After that, you print all emails from Outlook.
Download Software Now
Windows OS Buy Software Now
- Download and Install the tool ‘PST to PDF Converter. Click on the ‘Add File’ button under the File menu. A small window will pop up where you need to browse the PST file to be converted. Then click on the ‘Add File’ button.
- Now the software will load the PST files and show them as emails. The emails can be viewed as Normal Mail View, Hex, Properties, Message Header, MIME, HTML, RTF, and Attachments.
- Click on the ‘Export’ button, choose the export type as ‘PDF’. Click on ‘Advanced Settings’, choose naming convention as ‘Subject + Date (DD-MM-YYYY)’, category as ‘Mails’, select the date range option, check on ‘Include Internet Message Header’, and then click on the ‘Save’ button.
- Click on the ‘Browse’ button to select the destination location for the converted PST files and click on the ‘OK’ button. Click on the ‘Export’ button. Once the export process gets completed then click on the ‘OK’ button. You can save the generated export report by clicking on the ‘Save’ button.
- You can go to the destination path location to view the converted PST files.
In the above two solutions, once the OST file or PST file gets converted into PDF format, then they can be taken printout easily. The feature ‘Naming Convention’ helps to save the PDF files in chronological order via setting the option as required.
In the above blog, the two possible solutions using an automated tool to make Outlook email printable format have been discussed. The automated tool helps in providing fast and reliable solutions.
However, there is no single manual method to print emails from Outlook. Henceforth, it is required to test the free demo version of the automated tool so that you can resort to the best possible solution and print Outlook emails in a chronological way in a single go.