Want to Move Google Drive to Another Account- Get Your Answer Here !
Looking for a solution to transfer Google Drive files to another drive / account? Hold on for a minute, as we will soon be describing the ways to move Google Drive to another account.
For modern time users, Cloud has become a trustworthy place to store their data. When you store your data in Cloud, you do not have to worry about managing physical storage devices. At the same time, there is no risk of virus/ malware attack which is a common scenario for most of the users. When it comes to storing data or files in Cloud, the name of Google Drive is worth mentioning.
With every Gmail account, Google offers 15 GB of cloud storage. This obviously includes Gmail, Dive and Google Photos. The best thing is this 15 GB space is offered to the free Gmail users. It means that Gmail users can have the facility to store 15 GB data without paying a dime. However, the problem arises when they have to transfer folder from one Google Drive account to another domain. This post will share different methods to migrate Google Drive to another account.
Multiple Scenarios Where We Need to Move Google Drive to Another Account
Here are a couple of scenarios where there is a crucial requirement to transfer Google Drive files to another account. Also discussing their solutions along with the problems.
“I am the class representative of my section. Teachers have sent me all the e-books and journals that will be needed in this semester. All the files are in my G Drive and I have to share them with my fellow classmates. Is there any way through which I can migrate Google Drive to another account of other students also? Please help.”
In this case, the user can use the native method from Google to share their files with others.
- Login to Gmail account and access G Drive.
- Select the folder or files that need to be shared.
- Click on the Share/ Add People button located beside Delete icon at the top right of the screen.
- Type the email address of the people with whom the files will be shared. Also, select how much authority that person will get by clicking on the drop-down icon.
- Click Send to send the link to those people.
“Soon, my college will end and I will lose access to my current Gmail account. With it, I have to give up Google Drive access as well. What I want now is to move Google Drive to another account with all files, which is my personal one. I do not want to go through the hassle of downloading and re-uploading all the files. That is why I am looking for a precise technique to transfer Google Drive folder to another account. I am perfectly fine with any manual or automated method, as the only thing I require is the perfection.”
Here, the need is to migrate files from one Google Drive to another Google Drive account. Both the accounts are owned by the same person, but one is domain account and another is single user account. Using Google Drive Migrator will be a perfect solution for the user to move Google Drive to another account with complete storage. Here is how the user can run the application:
- Download and install Google Drive Migrator on your system.
- Launch the tool and click on Individual User Account.
- Click on Add User button to add source and the destination Google accounts. You will be redirected to Gmail sign in page separately for both the accounts and grant the software permission to access G Drive data.
- After authentication, both the ids will be marked in green and now it is time to click on the arrow button to go to the next stage.
- Users have to apply the settings at this stage to move Google Drive to another account in a selective manner. They can also apply date based filter. Click on the Migration button.
- Data transfer between two Google accounts will start and users can see the live progress. Upon completion, they will be notified.
Why Professional Approach Is Better?
Here are some of the facts for which, the software has an upper hand over the manual methods in order to transfer Google Drive to another account.
- According to Google, the ownership of G drive files cannot be transferred to someone who is not from your own domain.
- Native G Drive data transfer process does not support date based filter that users can apply in case of the program.
- This application will perform incremental Migration, which means it will not transfer previously exported data.
- Domain Admin account holders can migrate data from the user accounts without any password, which is a great advantage.
Multiple reasons can oblige a user to move Google Drive to another account of G Drive. We have taken two user queries consisting of different situations regarding the same requirement and provided the solutions. Users can go through the approaches and choose the one suitable and convenient for them.