Know How to Import Your Backupify ZIP into Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 Easily
Published: February 28, 2019 | Technology
“Hello, my name is Cristian Harold. I used Backupify cloud backup services to backup my Gmail accounts last year. Now I have exported my emails from Backupify as .zip file and I want to import this .zip file into Outlook 2016. The Microsoft Outlook is not providing any option to import my Backupify .zip file into Outlook directly. So, I want to know, is it possible to import exported Backupify file ? If Yes, then please help me out. Thanks in Advance!”
As we can clearly understand from the above query that, the Backupify provides an option to backup our cloud mails on web. The Backupify allows us to export and save our data in the .zip file type. After extracting this .zip file you will get the email messages in a .mbox file. It means that Backupify will save all your cloud emails into the .mbox file type.
We also know Microsoft Outlook only supports .pst file type for import. So, due to different file types, you can not import Backupify .zip file into Outlook directly. But for this, you have to first convert Backupify .zip file to Outlook supported .pst file type. So, here in this write-up, I am going to explain you the easiest way to import your backupify .zip into Microsoft Outlook.
Steps to Import Backupify ZIP into Outlook
From the above discussion, we can easily understand that importing Backupify .zip file into Microsoft Outlook is a two-step process. In the first step, you have to export the .zip file into Outlook supported .pst file and in second steps import the same .pst into Outlook. Here in this post, I am going to explain both the steps in detail. Follow the steps:
- Convert Backupify ZIP File to PST File Type
- Import the PST File into Microsoft Outlook
Step 1: – Convert Backupify ZIP to PST File Format
Let’s understand the easiest way to export backupify .zip to Outlook PST file type. For this, the complete and step by step guide listed below. Perform the steps:
- Download and Install MBOX to PST Converter on your system. The software is available for both Windows OS and Mac OS. So, there is not any platform dependency. You can choose one according to your requirement.
MBOX to PST Converter for Win MBOX to PST Converter for Mac
- After installing the software, the home window will appear. Here click on Add File button from the software menu bar.
- Now, the new window will appear, here you have to select an email application. But in your case, you have to select the MBOX file option. Because you have the orphan .mbox file (unzip the backupify .zip file and you will get the .mbox file). Now click on Next button and browse the .mbox file.
- After browsing the .mbox file, the software will provide a preview of all emails along with the attachment. You can view Message Header, Hex, MIME, HTML, RTF etc. here. Now select the folders which you want to convert, and click on Export button from the menu bar as highlighted in the screen.
- After that, the Export Options windows will appear. Here, you can select any one file type from PST, NSF, MSG, and EML. But, in your case, select the PST file type. Because you want to import backupify .zip files into Outlook. Apart from this, the software also enables you to split the .pst file according to your PST file size requirement. Check the checkbox, if this feature required. Browse the location to save the .pst file after conversion. After doing all this simply click on Export button to start the conversion process.
- After converting backupify .zip to .pst file type the software will show a successful message in the pop-up window. Here, step 1 completed, now move to step 2 and import the converted .pst into Microsoft Outlook.
Note: – You can import the converted .pst file into all versions of Microsoft Outlook like 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 etc.
Step 2: – Now Import PST File into Microsoft Outlook
In step 1, you have created the .pst file from your backupify .zip file. Now, in this step, you will get a complete guide for how to import the .pst file into Outlook. The process may be slightly different for different versions of Outlook. I am taking the example of Outlook 2016 here. Perform the steps listed below:
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook and click on File tab.
- Now click on Open & Export option from the list and after that click on Open Outlook Data File.
- Now select the .pst file which you have created in step 1 and click on Open.
- View the imported .pst file into Outlook interface.
I am sure after going through all the steps listed above, your backupify .zip file easily imported into Microsoft Outlook. The procedure explained in step 1 will create Unicode PST. So, you can easily import it into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and below version without any restriction. Now you can say that it is quite easy to import backupify .zip file into Outlook.