Discover Two Simple Techniques to Move Your Gmail Contacts to Phone Memory
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: June 15, 2020 | Gmail, Technology
This time we are going to explain how to import contacts from Gmail to phone memory using a step-by-step solution. The method we are going to elaborate here applies to all types of phones to move your Gmail Contacts to phone memory.
Today our smartphones have become the best way to store a lot of data and files. Without a doubt, it is practically an essential means to save all our crucial databases including contacts. This is the reason why protecting our contact information should be of utmost importance. Moreover, transferring contacts from one platform to another is a kinda complex task.
So, if you’re the one who wants to transfer Gmail Contacts to phone memory, then this article is meant to you only. Read the subsequent section to know how to transfer contacts from Gmail to phone memory efficiently.
How to Import Contacts from Gmail to Phone Memory?
Well, there are two different methods to copy contacts from Gmail to phone memory. The first method is by configuring the Gmail account on your phone and the other one is using the Export/Import method. You can pick any of the following solutions as per your technical expertise and ease-of-use.
#Method 1: Configuring Your Gmail Account to Phone
- Open the Gmail application on your phone
- Click on your profile and select Add Another Account option
- Select Gmail from Set up email window to initiate Gmail Contacts to phone memory process
- Google Sign in page will prompt now. Enter your email address, click Next
- Click on I agree button to verify that you have accepted Google Terms of Service
- Wait for a few seconds and your Google account will be configured on your phone after this
- Once done with account configuration, open your phone Settings. Select Accounts
- Click on the Google account you have configured above
- Click on Account Sync option to fix how to transfer contacts from Gmail to phone memory issue
- Enable Contacts option (if not enabled already)
- After this, open your phone Contacts and you will find all your Google Contacts are synchronized with your phone memory
Method 2: Without Configuring Your Gmail Account to Phone
- First of all, log in to your Gmail account in computer from which you want to copy Gmail Contacts to phone memory
- Click on Google Apps icon and select Contacts application
- Google Contacts will get listed on your screen
- Select all the contacts you want to save to your phone memory, click Export
- Choose Google CSV as the export option. Browse a destination location and save it
- Once all your Google Contacts gets downloaded into a CSV file, download Excel to vCard Converter on your Windows computer
Download Software Now
Buy Software Now
- Add the Google Contacts CSV you have exported above and click Next
- Map all the Google Contacts CSV Columns with vCard Columns and click Next
- Select vCard v3.0 or v4.0, check Create Single vCard for All Contacts, and other desired options. Select a saving location and click Convert
- All your Google Contacts will get exported into vCard (VCF) file format
Once done, connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable or any other medium
- Transfer the converted .vcf file to your phone and eject the device to initiate how to transfer contacts from Gmail to phone memory
Disclaimer: The wording of phone options might vary as peer the phone you are using. Below we have taken an example of Motorola phone.
- Open phone Contacts and click on the hamburger icon and click on Import from the Manage contacts section
- Select .vcf file option from Import contacts from window and click OK to start Gmail Contacts to phone memory process
- Navigate to the location where your contact .vcf is saved and add it
- Your contacts will be imported shortly notification will pop up and soon all your Google Contacts will get synchronized with your phone memory automatically
How to import contacts from Gmail to phone memory issue FIXED!