How Can I Export Bookmarks from PDF?
Are you facing difficulty to export bookmarks from pdf and not getting a reliable solution? Don’t worry, in the following sections, we will be covering the same.
Generally, Adobe PDF is used for managing data and information in a digital format. Also, there are several native features to manage and manipulate PDF files. One of the features is the Bookmark option that helps the users to mark the vital pages. Further, it is a very handy feature when it comes to large PDF file sizes. On the other hand, if you want to extract a list of bookmarks from PDF, it can be an arduous task.
In such a case, you can follow the simple guide below to find the simple methods to execute the job in a convenient manner.
Why There is a Need to Extract List of Bookmarks from PDF?
There can be several reasons based on the user experience to export bookmarks from PDF to other sources. Some of the prevalent points are given below:
- Utilizing similar page(s) from the primary PDF file to other PDF files.
- Exporting pages that contain useful data for addition in other files.
- Showing the bookmarked pages or text as legal statements.
- Removing the time consumption and simplifying access to bookmarked pages.
However, when it comes to extracting bookmarks from PDF files, certain users may find it difficult to perform it. Or they find themselves in a situation where they lack knowledge on how to proceed or cannot identify the appropriate method. So to help these people, we will provide comprehensive explanations of various methods for extracting pages from PDF files.
Solution#1: Export Bookmarks From PDF Using Adobe Acrobat
When individuals are faced with multiple PDF files containing numerous pages, there arises the need to bookmark and extract specific pages that are of significance or will be utilized in other PDFs. Adobe Acrobat DC Pro offers users the capability to accomplish this task effortlessly. This feature facilitates the creation of bookmarks and the extraction of selected pages, allowing for the easy transfer of highlighted content to another file. To know about the process, follow these steps:
- Start by opening the desired PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro on your local system.
- Navigate to the Plug-In tab and select “Split Document” followed by “Extract Bookmarked Pages.”
- Initially, the option “Use all bookmarks from the document to extract pages” will be preselected. Proceed by clicking the “Ok” button.
- Choose whether you want to save the extracted pages to a file or load them from an existing file.
- Preview the selections and click the “OK” button to initiate the extraction process.
- Once the process is completed, you can access and save the extracted PDF files on your system.
Also Read: How to Password Protect PDF without Acrobat Reader Easily
Solution#2: A Quick Method to Export List of Bookmarks from PDF
Export Bookmarks from PDF files using the usual method can be quite a daunting task. It tends to consume a significant amount of time, prompting users to consider more efficient ways to accomplish this task without causing any harm to the PDF files or their contents. Fortunately, employing a proactive and intelligent PDF Extractor Tool offers an excellent solution for extracting bookmarks from multiple PDF files in one go. In addition to it, the tool is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS. This allows the user to extract the data seamlessly.
Also, this tool offers a couple of expert features that make batch PDF page extraction simple work. Preferably, it can easily manage restricted PDF files, which makes the extraction process smooth.
Step-by-step Process to Extract Bookmarks from PDF Pages Using the Tool
- Firstly, download and install the software on your local machine to export bookmarks from PDF.
- Next, add the PDF files you want by using the “Add Files” or “Add Folders” option.
- To set the desired extracted PDF file saving location, click on the “Change” option.
- If the PDF files are restricted with passwords, enter the password for each file. Or rather simply click on the “Next” button.
- Now, under the Apply Bookmark Settings, select the Save Each Bookmark pages into individual PDF.
- At last, start the extraction process by clicking the “Extract” button. After this, a new PDF file will be created that contains the extracted bookmarks.
Aside from these methods, users have an alternative option. If they lack Adobe Acrobat Pro or have limited storage space to install software, they can still achieve the same task by utilizing a free online application that offers bookmark extraction. However, it’s important to note that this online tool cannot extract or export bookmarks from secured PDFs, and it lacks a batch extraction feature.
Therefore, our recommendation is to opt for the software-based solution (using the tool) to export bookmarks from PDF to another PDF. This choice ensures accurate results, and the entire process is automated for convenience.