How to Convert Outlook Express Files to PST in Hassle-Free Way?
Ashwani Tiwari |
Modified: October 20th, 2021 | Converter
Outlook and Outlook Express are the free email clients which store the data in PST and DBX file extensions respectively. But, Outlook Express is discontinued by Microsoft. It does not support fixing any of the errors of Outlook Express. Microsoft replaced Outlook Express with Microsoft Outlook application. MS Outlook is more leading application because it is launched with some new advanced features.
So, most of the users have switched from Outlook Express to Outlook. But, some of the users are still trying to convert Outlook Express files to PST.
Do you want to export Outlook express mail to PST file? Are you also seeking the best method to convert DBX files to PST? Yes, then stay connected to this write-up. We are going to discuss about multiple techniques to convert Outlook Express files to PST.
Table of Contents
1. Automated Way to Convert DBX Files to PST
2. Advanced Features of Professional Tool
3. Manual Approach to Convert Outlook Express Data File to PST
a. If Outlook Express and Outlook are downloaded on the same PC
b. If Outlook Express and Outlook are downloaded on different PC
4. Summing Up
Convert Outlook Express Files to PST using Professional Method
Download Tool Purchase Now
To know the procedure, just follow the steps given below:-
- Install and run the DBX to PST Converter Software on your machine
- Hit the “Add Files” button
- Select the checkbox displaying “Use Folder Mode” to add any folder
- Choose the “PST” button as the export type, and go to the “Advanced Settings” option
- Use date range filter to sort out specific data and split the large PST file
- Save the advanced settings by clicking on the “Save” button
- At last, click on the “Export” button
The tool will display “Export Process Completed Successfully” when extracting procedure will end
This tool is easy and safe to use. Users can go for this utility to convert Outlook Express files to PST. It has many features which will mention in the next section.
Prominent Features of DBX Converter Tool
- Tool exports DBX files into several file formats like PST, MSG, MBOX, PDF, and EML
- Supports to extracts all emails with all the specified attachments
- Installation of MS Outlook is not required
- Application always maintains file structure hierarchy
- The tool provides a feature to quickly scan the files and folders
- Allows to convert Outlook Express files to PST in bulk
- Provides multiple naming conventions to easily convert DBX files
- The software also gives a date range filter for user convenience
- Compatible with MS Outlook and Windows 10
- Allows to break down the large PST files
These were some of the key features of this tool. Let’s have a look at the manual approach to convert the Outlook Express data file to PST.
Also read: Import .dbx file into eM client
Convert Outlook Express Files to PST Manually
Here, we are going to discuss about different solutions to convert Outlook Express files to PST. Users can use the above-discussed automated tool. Because that is easy to use and safe. But, if you want to go for the free methods then jump to the next section.
If Outlook Express and Outlook are downloaded on the same PC
Just go through the steps given below:-
- The first step is to install the MS Outlook Application.
- Go to File >> Open and hit the “Import” button.
- Now, select the “Import-Export” wizard.
- Click on the “Import-internet Mail and Addresses” option and then click on the “Next” button.
- Go to the “Outlook Express” and check the import -mail checkbox.
- Click on the Next >> Finish.
If Outlook Express and Outlook are Downloaded on Different PC
You need to follow the below steps to convert Outlook Express files to PST:-
- Go to the Outlook Express folder and copy all of them.
- Click on the “Tools” option and open the configured Outlook Express email account.
- Hit the “Options” and click on the “Maintenance” tab.
- Use the “Outlook Express Program Dialog Box” option and click on the “Stored Folder”
Note:- To locate the DBX files, go to the “Import-Export” feature of Outlook. You need to keep the DBX file and MS Outlook on the same system.
In the above blog, we have mentioned about multiple ways to convert Outlook Express files to PST. Users can use any of the above-mentioned methods. But we suggest going for the professional DBX to PST Converter tool because manual methods are not safe and can lead to data loss. So, users can opt for the automated tool, it provides you many advanced features.