How to Bypass VBA Project Password in Excel?
Ashwani Tiwari |
Published: September 6, 2021 | Password Recovery
Are you trying to search for the best method to bypass VBA project password in excel? Do you want to break VBA passwords? Yes, then hopefully your search will end here. You just need to follow this blog to know multiple approaches to bypass VBA project password.
Table of Contents
1. Automated Approach to Bypass Excel VBA Project Password
2. Key Features of VBA Password Remover Tool
3. Manual approach :-
a. Bypass VBA Password using Hex Editor
b. Use Workbook method to break VBA password
c. Bypass VBA Project Password in Excel using WinZip/WinRAR
4. Last Words
Professional Method to Bypass Excel VBA Project Password
VBA Password Remover Tool is one of the best solutions to Bypass VBA project password in Excel. Follow the procedure given below to break VBA password:-
Download Tool Purchase Now
- Install and launch the VBA Password Remover Tool on your PC
- Go to the “Add files” or “Add folder” button to add the password-protected files
- After choosing the files, hit the “Open” button
- Here, if you want to remove any specific file from the software panel then click on the “Remove” and “Remove All” button
- At last, you just need to click on the “Reset” button
- After performing all these steps, the software will show a screen displaying “Reset Process Completed Successfully”
Advanced Features of the Tool
- Allows removing passwords from both the Single as well as Multiple VBA files
- Tool is compatible with MS Office and Windows OS
- Supports to generate a new password and eliminates the old password
- Allows resetting password of any specified length
- Remove passwords from .doc, .mdb, .xla, .xls, .dot etc.
- Recovers password from Access, PowerPoint, Word and Excel files
- Allows resetting password from Macros formats like .xlsb, .dotm, .xltm, .docm etc.
You can use this advanced tool to Bypass VBA project password in excel. This VBA password remover tool works amazingly. But, if you want to try for a online method then, we have mentioned the manual method in the next section. You can also use the manual approach to Bypass VBA project password.
Manual Technique to Bypass Excel VBA Project Password
User can also try the manual method to Bypass VBA project password in excel. But, before starting with the procedure, user should take backup of all the VBA password protected files. Because manual method is not safe and secure. In addition, you also need to enable the macros to make the .xlsm file extension as .xlsx
Bypass VBA Project Password Using Hex Editor
- Create a new .xls file with the help of hex editor.
- Press “Alt+F11” together and set a new password in the VBA field.
- Save the file and exit.
- After this, open the recently created file and copy every line starting with:-
- Now, open the password-protected files and paste all the copied lines there.
- Save the file now and hit on the “Exit” button.
You need to open the document where you want to see the VBA code and just enter the password used above.
Follow the above steps to bypass excel VBA project password and if this method does not work then you can jump to the next method.
Use Workbook Method to Bypass VBA project Password in Excel
- Go-through the steps given below to use the Workbook method:-
- The very first step is to open the workbook where all the password-protected files are saved.
- To verify all sheets, press the “”F11and Alt” keys together.
- Here, type Insert-Module and paste the code.
- Now you can “Exit” from the Visual Basic Editor.
- Open the VBA password-protected files and type Tools-Macro-Macros.
- At last, just double-click on the password breaker.
You can use this Workbook method to break VBA password. However, sometimes this method does not works. Therefore, you can follow the next method to bypass VBA password.
Bypass VBA Project Password Using the WinZip/WinRAR
- Firstly, change the .xlsm file format to .zip fil extension.
- Right click on the .zip file and open it with WinZip/WinRar.
- After opening the file, select the .xl folder and just extract the vbaproject.bin file.
- Now, open the extracted file with Hex Editor and replace the DPB file with DPX file and save the file.
- After saving the file, change the .zip file format to .xlsm format.
- In MS Excel, start the visual basics and click on the “Tools” option.
- Navigate for the “VBA Project Properties” and select the “Protection” option.
- Enter the new password and save the final file in the .xlsm file extension.
- At last, just re-open the file, and enter the new password.
In the above article, we have mentioned different methods to Bypass VBA project password in excel. User can use any of the manual and professional methods. But, we suggest to use the Automated VBA Password remover Tool to Bypass excel VBA project password. Because it is safe and user-friendly. But the manual method is confusing. And the non-technical users will face a lot of issue while using the manual approach.